Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Very disappointing in the way it was handled this time. No pre-orders, low stock, especially since I want the gold but oh well...I'll order and I'll just get it when I get it. Sad though. I miss the guarantee delivery on launch day, days.:(

pmas76

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    72 KB · Views: 79

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
And? I doubt many will be ordering the 64gb in ANY color. It's the lowest seller in the line.

iFajar

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
I am getting the champagne / gold! Everyone , please wish me luck getting one tomorrow. I know you all care. :D

Just curious, do you find the white border around the screen distracting compared to the black faceplate of the black/grey iPhone? I'm considering the champagne gold color, as it is looking very sweet!

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I was planning to buy the 32 GB Space Gray, but I may just go for the 64 GB if it will increase my chances to get one sooner.

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
I think at best, you can hope to order immediately and have it delivered this month, otherwise I see a lot of waiting in people's future.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Just curious, do you find the white border around the screen distracting compared to the black faceplate of the black/grey iPhone? I'm considering the champagne gold color, as it is looking very sweet!

I had bought the black phones for every model from iPhone (original) through the 4S, though, to be fair, the white wasn't an option for me until the 4S since it wasn't available at the launch of the 4 for AT&T, and the 3G/3GS white models still had the black fronts. I got the white/silver with the iPhone 5, and I actually prefer the white border over the black. It also really meshes well with the primarily white UI of iOS 7. It really just comes down to personal preference though.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Very disappointing in the way it was handled this time. No pre-orders, low stock, especially since I want the gold but oh well...I'll order and I'll just get it when I get it. Sad though. I miss the guarantee delivery on launch day, days.:(

If its any consolation I just found out today that one of my co-workers was layed off. :(. Not sure how many in total across the company were let go but I'm sure it's in the hundreds. Puts things like not getting a new smartphone on launch day in perspective....at least for me.

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
I wish we could pay for next day delivery 7-10 days seems like such a long wait considering I have been waiting so long through all the rumours!

I wish there was an Apple Store even remotely close to where I live so I could have it on launch day - I always get it on launch day, I wish you could pre-order :(

It's a first world problem I know, but for me it's still upsetting!

kobalap

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2009

How would you want to see it handled? Push back the release date by 4-6 weeks until they could build up enough stock to guarantee delivery on launch day? Would that have given you the phone any earlier?

iFajar

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
I had bought the black phones for every model from iPhone (original) through the 4S, though, to be fair, the white wasn't an option for me until the 4S since it wasn't available at the launch of the 4 for AT&T, and the 3G/3GS white models still had the black fronts. I got the white/silver with the iPhone 5, and I actually prefer the white border over the black. It also really meshes well with the primarily white UI of iOS 7. It really just comes down to personal preference though.

Thanks for your opinion! Yeah, I think I should play around with a white iPhone then ;) Really, the gold iPhone 5s is too gorgeous to skip ;P

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
How would you want to see it handled? Push back the release date by 4-6 weeks until they could build up enough stock to guarantee delivery on launch day? Would that have given you the phone any earlier?

I would have liked that they not ship to as many countries if they did not have the stock to fulfill.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
When the iPhone 4S went on sale I was able to place an order 3 hours after and it went through.

I'm hoping the 5S in champagne/gold will be available.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
I don't think this is because of demand, but because of very low stock. Not saying there isn't high demand. But couple high demand with insanely low stock = headlines.

1Life

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have to admit it's nice to read a thread that is filled with optimism and joy. I hope you guys get your iPhones as soon as possible and are thrilled with the product :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.