Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jay-a-a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
For some reason I dont have any weather information in the new notification centre. If i go into settings>notification centre i cant even see an option in there for the weather app.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to whats happening?

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
While I don't have iOS7, I read in a previous post you had to turn location services on for weather to get it to appear in Notification Center.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
While I don't have iOS7, I read in a previous post you had to turn location services on for weather to get it to appear in Notification Center.

correct. that and also i think its in the "today view" section of the notifications menu. make sure its selected there too.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011

Perfect answer, I was also missing the info from Notification Center/Today.

Thanks.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Weather and stocks refuse to show up in notification center and Today View...What am I missing here.

Make sure Weather is turned on under Location Services settings (Settings --> Privacy --> Location Services --> Weather, ON).

In Settings, go to Notification Center, then make sure Today Summary and Stocks are switched to on.

If you're still not seeing anything, restart your phone.

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
I cannot get the weather to show up in notification center for the life of me. I've toggled weather location services on and off. Restarted the phone multiple times. I also did a hard reset a couple times. If I toggle the location services on and off the weather sentence shows up for a blink of an eye and then disappears. Any ideas?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Same. I'm on an iPad and it won't show up. I've followed everyone elses suggestions already.

I cannot get the weather to show up in notification center for the life of me. I've toggled weather location services on and off. Restarted the phone multiple times. I also did a hard reset a couple times. If I toggle the location services on and off the weather sentence shows up for a blink of an eye and then disappears. Any ideas?

Just to make sure this is not the issue - you guys know that there is no image for weather, correct? It is only a brief description in words that will show up under the date in notification center.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Just to make sure this is not the issue - you guys know that there is no image for weather, correct? It is only a brief description in words that will show up under the date in notification center.

Yep I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm having the same experience as kobyh15. After restarting my iPad, I pull down the notification center. The sentence flashes there for a second and then disappears, and then nothing other than restarting brings it back again, at which point it does the same disappearing act. Seems to be a bug.

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
Finally showed up. I don't know why it took so long for it to be there but it's there now. Maybe just took a while for all the location services to get up to date. Who knows? Those that have similar experiences as me just leave the device on for awhile and keep checking.

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Yep I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm having the same experience as kobyh15. After restarting my iPad, I pull down the notification center. The sentence flashes there for a second and then disappears, and then nothing other than restarting brings it back again, at which point it does the same disappearing act. Seems to be a bug.

Same here for me...iPhone 5

goosey

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013

Same exact issue, iPhone 5...location services for wx on, restarted several times. Occasionally shows up for split second then disappears. What can we do to fix this?

Twitchly

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
No weather for me, either. iPhone 5. Turned on location services, toggled weather to yes (did this for lots of other apps, too). Rebooted phone. Nada. I can get stock prices (don't want them) but not weather. In the Notifications Center, I get this:

Today tab: calendar only (I turned off stocks)
All tab: nothing
Missed tab: nothing

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No weather for me, either. iPhone 5. Turned on location services, toggled weather to yes (did this for lots of other apps, too). Rebooted phone. Nada. I can get stock prices (don't want them) but not weather. In the Notifications Center, I get this:

Today tab: calendar only (I turned off stocks)
All tab: nothing
Missed tab: nothing

All and missed tabs will just be app notifications you receieve.

For weather, it seems to be taking some time for certain users, from a few hours up to a day. Give it some time to see if Weather pops up.

Trying opening your Weather app, and let it sit on the page for local weather (with the arrow next to it). That seems to knock everything into gear for some people.

Twitchly

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
It does appear to be a time issue, as you point out. Weather is now showing up. Took about a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.