Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hi,
I have the latest iTunes and I want to sync some apps. In iTunes>My iPhone > Apps, I see the screens of my iPhone with only the apps I want (around 10apps).

When I click sync, iTunes starts to copy like 40 apps that I do not want and that are not in the "will install" status. wtf ?? I've tried like 5 times.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi,
I have the latest iTunes and I want to sync some apps. In iTunes>My iPhone > Apps, I see the screens of my iPhone with only the apps I want (around 10apps).

When I click sync, iTunes starts to copy like 40 apps that I do not want and that are not in the "will install" status. wtf ?? I've tried like 5 times.

It's going to install all apps you have in your apps library. The ones you see on that screen are only the ones on your phone, not a "will install" list. If you have an app in your library, it will be synced. Have to delete it if you don't want it on your phone. You can always redownload it later.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
It's going to install all apps you have in your apps library. The ones you see on that screen are only the ones on your phone, not a "will install" list. If you have an app in your library, it will be synced. Have to delete it if you don't want it on your phone. You can always redownload it later.

No it's not all my app library that is installed. I have much more of them on the mac that are not installed.

I think I solved the problem by waiting that the sync finishes, then deleting the apps on the iTunes iPhone screen then syncing again.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
No it's not all my app library that is installed. I have much more of them on the mac that are not installed.

I think I solved the problem by waiting that the sync finishes, then deleting the apps on the iTunes iPhone screen then syncing again.

Very odd. My iTunes on Windows 7 has an issue where if I try to select apps to install while a sync is in progress the UI will change the buttons back to to "Install" but the app will install.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Can you delete the apps that show in itunes?

i have some really old ones that I really don't even want to show up anymore on there

AppleCruncher

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Mine does odd things like that too. It removes apps that I want to keep on the phone and puts other apps that I have deleted off the phone back on.

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Sounds to me like you have a list of apps you are telling it to sync, which it is doing. In between syncs you are adding, and deleting apps on the device, then when resyncing it is reverting back to the list from iTunes.

Just don't sync apps from iTunes. Turn it off. You don't need them at all on the computer as you can do it all via the device.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Delete the ones you don't want anymore from iTunes and the ones you might need again just uncheck them and re sync .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.