Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsbfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
I am super protective when it comes to my iphone 5. I have the otterbox defender case on it and my hands appeared to be dry. The screen protector is fine but the hard rubber outting case on my back had minimal condensation on it. I mean you could see it but it wasn't wet to the touch, I am fine right?

I would assume it would be the same amount of condensation the backing would take if you had your phone out on a summer day and naturally got a little sweat on the back

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I would assume it would be the same amount of condensation the backing would take if you had your phone out on a summer day and naturally got a little sweat on the back

No. If you're out in the heat and the phone has been with you, there won't be any condensation on the phone when you grab it with your sweaty hands. The liquid you would see on the case in this situation is your sweat from your sweaty hands.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Best way to tell is to see if there are any adverse effects. Polling us isn't going to get you a definitive answer. It sounds like it isn't an issue but condensation can certainly cause water damage. If you're paranoid then strip it down and inspect but you're more likely to cause problems dismantling your phone if you're not familiar with the process.

bsbfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
it got the same amount of condensation today with just having my phone in my hand for like 10 min, I am just paranoid because if its happened 2 days in a row its bound to have happened before and no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.