Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Is it likely that buying via the phone will be easier than through the website?

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I've done my last few launch day/preorders via the app, very quick and more efficient than via browser.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
I ordered my 5 last year through the app. This year I'm adding a line to a new account I opened, and unfortunately I can't do it through the app.

Jon1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Louisville, Ky
Im using the app, its much faster since it has all my info already. Plus it looks like speed is really going to matter with the limited supply.

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
Im using the app, its much faster since it has all my info already. Plus it looks like speed is really going to matter with the limited supply.

I just loaded the app (hadn't used it to order before) but it is showing down. Will it have my info from my iTunes account or will I have to scramble to fill in all the details in quick fashion?

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
I just loaded the app (hadn't used it to order before) but it is showing down. Will it have my info from my iTunes account or will I have to scramble to fill in all the details in quick fashion?

If you have never used the app in the past, I'm not sure how much faster it'll be than the website.

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I've done my last few launch day/preorders via the app, very quick and more efficient than via browser.

Completely agreed. Ordering the 5 last year, the site was bogged down, as was AT&T's. On a whim, I tried the app, and breezed right on through.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Can one buy 2 phones on the app?

I am upgrading 2 upgrade-eligible phones on a family plan. Will I need to do each phone separately or can I do both through 1 phone?

OVERTASK

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2013
∞o
I just recently bought the 5s using the App(I'm in the UK). The App went live at 23:58 and the website was up at 00:04. Lots of people ordered it through the app and had no problems, and for someone asking about buying two phones it can also be done through the App. Don't forget to turn Express Checkout on before.

In Short:

App>Web Store

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Completely agreed. Ordering the 5 last year, the site was bogged down, as was AT&T's. On a whim, I tried the app, and breezed right on through.

Yeah ... Site is still not up, and I've already finished my order through the app. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.