Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
AS expected, EA cashing in again on all the folks that fell for buying the game and got bored with it in a couple of days because there was very little actual game play in it. Yes now they can dip into your pocket again for another $60 to give you more of the same with different eye candy. Very sad, they deserve to go out of business for what they have done with this game.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
AS expected, EA cashing in again on all the folks that fell for buying the game and got bored with it in a couple of days because there was very little actual game play in it. Yes now they can dip into your pocket again for another $60 to give you more of the same with different eye candy. Very sad, they deserve to go out of business for what they have done with this game.

Very little game play? What do you mean? It works, essentially, the same way as all previous SimCity games. You build cities with it.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
Very little game play? What do you mean? It works, essentially, the same way as all previous SimCity games. You build cities with it.

Except the other versions allowed you to build a decent size city that could change and evolve over time, this crap is over and done with in an evening and after that is just the same thing over and over. This is nothing like the previous versions in terms of actual game play. You don't build cities with this you build small towns.

rodriguise

macrumors regular
May 6, 2011
Sparks, NV
I too have an announcement

I will be expanding a turd today as well. I have a feeling mine will be of higher quality and not require an internet connection.

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
If it's only $10, I'll be stupid enough. I'm enjoying the game and not having much of any issue with it.

They are charging that much for a couple of in-game items as DLC. There is no way that a full-on expansion pack will be $10. It will be $40 or more.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
It really seems as though slapping a "2" on this would be more appropriate:

SimTown_Coverart.jpg

johnmac59

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Michigan
I still have fun playing it once in a while, but like others have said, the city sizes are too small and the fact that subways are missing is a bummer.

JessicaRobort

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow expansion announced, available Nov. 12

SimCity is heading to the future with the "Cities of Tomorrow" expansion pack, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for November 12. Taking place 50 years in the future, new technologies allow Sims to travel by MagLev trains, use fusion reactors and "tidal wave generators." Surfs up, man! What do you mean that's not what tidal wave generator means? Well, maybe you should figure out a better word!

There's also the classic future quandary of creating clean technology or encouraging giant corporations to strip the planet of resources. Nope, wait, that's a current problem. The game will also get around the issue of smaller lot sizes by allowing players to build up in "multi-zone MegaTowers that extend high into the sky." The expansion is priced at $30.

forthelove

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
I still find ways to make the game enjoyable. You have to create goals for each city. No one city can be the best at everything, so I usually create specialized city's and then a region that works together with it.

1. Tourism/Gambling city, my best city makes over $100K an hour. I use it to build my other cities.
2. Education City, university to research better technologies.
3. Industrial city for freight.
4.Population city for workers, my best so far was ~600K.
5. Happiness city, try to get 100% approval rating.

I always find new ways to do things, and continue spending hours messing around with the game. Origin says I've logged over 500 hours, but I've left the game running overnight on several occasions. The DLC should be free yes, but would EA actually add make DLC if they weren't going to make money on it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.