Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook has apparently joined Twitter with the username @tim_cook, with fellow Apple executive Phil Schiller retweeting him as a means of verification. The account was first created back in July, but today saw Cook's first tweet.
Visited Retail Stores in Palo Alto today. Seeing so many happy customers reminds us of why we do what we do.— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) September 20, 2013

Cook's bio on the site reads "CEO Apple, Fan of Auburn football and Duke basketball". Cook is an alumnus of both Auburn and Duke. His first tweet reads, "Visited Retail Stores in Palo Alto today. Seeing so many happy customers reminds us of why we do what we do."

NewImage10.png

Earlier today, Cook visited the downtown Palo Alto Apple store and shook hands with customers standing in line to purchase the iPhone 5s.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins Twitter, First Tweet About Visiting Palo Alto Apple Retail Stores

Last edited:

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple CEO Tim Cook has apparently joined Twitter with the username @tim_cook, with fellow Apple executive Phil Schiller retweeting him as a means of verification. The account was first created back in July, but today saw Cook's first tweet.

Cook's bio on the site reads "CEO Apple, Fan of Auburn football and Duke basketball". Cook is an alumnus of both Auburn and Duke. His first tweet reads, "Visited Retail Stores in Palo Alto today. Seeing so many happy customers reminds us of why we do what we do."

Earlier today, Cook visited the downtown Palo Alto Apple store and shook hands with customers standing in line to purchase the iPhone 5s.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins Twitter, First Tweet About Visiting Palo Alto Apple Retail Stores

Apple board to Tim: Get out there and sell!

Renzatic

Suspended
"Hey guys, this is Tim Cook. I've never used Twitter before, so I don't know exactly how to use this, but I've signed up to tell you all that I am currently standing in line at the new Palo Alto store. It's such a wonderful experience. I walked up to one o"

bondsbw

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2006
Well if he ever becomes a fan of Auburn basketball and Duke football, we should then start complaining about replacing him.

Auburn baseball maybe... but neither football nor basketball are desirable from that program. Duke sucks.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I highly recommend removing the plastic wrapping before taking pictures with your new iPhone 5S.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I officially follow Tim Cook...around. I watch him all day. :cool:

----------

Haha I've already bugged him about if we'll see new rMBP and MP in Oct!

Don't expect to see regular personal tweets or replies to anything. The tweets on that account will be carefully thought through in order to put Apple in the best possible light and avoid saying anything which could be misinterpreted. They'll be as meticulously worded as an Apple keynote invite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.