Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I want to record my conversations with skype!

What software do you recommend me? Is it
possible with skype?

Thank you, kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Friends Quickitme already does that. This 3rd party app is waste of GB in your HD.

Simply open quicktime and start recording the screen

old john

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2005
England
Friends Quickitme already does that. This 3rd party app is waste of GB in your HD.

Only QT Player comes free with a Mac. So for most of us getting QT Pro means buying an extra app, though I assume one can then delete QT Player, but that only frees 42 MB on your HD.

old john

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2005
England
VodBurner for Mac

There seems to be a free app that can record Skype calls, VodBurner for Mac. Does anyone have experience with it? I wonder if a free app can be as good as ecamm's app seems to be!

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Thank you for your messages and suggestions : ) !!!

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007

Maybe a bit late to the party, but I'll chip in anyway. Been using that one for a while and am really happy with it. Frequently updated to stay in sync with Skype updates so far.

GB? Hardly. More like tens of megabytes in the ecamm case.

The really nice thing with a third-party app is that everything is automated. Calls (audio and video) can be recorded and saved into files with decent names automatically. Most things in life are compromises between time, money and other resources...

jfinlayson

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Free VodBurner for Mac?

There seems to be a free app that can record Skype calls, VodBurner for Mac. Does anyone have experience with it? I wonder if a free app can be as good as ecamm's app seems to be!
I haven't tried it yet. Have you? I'd be interested in knowing what limitations apply to "free".

Free for 14 or 30 days trial period (and then what)?

Free but with a watermark on the recordings (Windows versions does that unless it's paid for or the other party is also using VodBurner)?

Free with no watermark or fixed trial period, but after an as yet to be determined "Limited Time", a paid upgrade will be required? Sort of like a beta.

The download button on the VodBurner for Windows page is "Download VodBurner for Windows. Free Trial."

The download button for the Mac version at the bottom of the same page is labeled "Download free for a limited time". That could mean the same thing as the Windows version. Or it could be more like a "Free while in beta" thing.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.