Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chad McCan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Where the F is iTunes Radio??? People are posting videos of using it. I have 3 atv's (all 3rd gen) and I don't have the icon on any of them.

My software is up to date and I've rebooted my units. I have a "radio" icon, but nothing that says "itunes radio".

Anyone else seeing this?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
upgrade your phone/pad/ipod to iOS 7
upgrade iTunes to the latest version.

it's not out for the aTV yet.

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
It's interesting to notice that the Apple TV update is not out yet. If it's just a day or two I wouldn't make too much of it, but if after a week and no update, it might be a sign that they are holding off for the rumoured Apple TV hardware refresh.

Toubro

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
I wouldn't put to much into it. The beta is out and I've been running that for about a month or so, where I have been able to use iTunes Radio in Denmark.
So I'm sure it's coming soon. iTunes Radio works fine, but I must admit, that for me personally, it won't get much use, as I don't see why my plasma tv should burn all that power to hear radio.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Seems the Update did NOT come out on October 18th as it was supposed to. Everyone who has ITunes Radio on their Apple TV's are still running Apple TV 6.0 Beta 4 (which is based on IOS 7 Beta 5). They have to release the GM Seed before October 5th, that's when Beta 4 Expires.

I downgraded to Apple TV 5.X (NOT sure what the version number is) and so far no Update to 6.0 has been offered yet. I guess we just need to wait.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
It's interesting to notice that the Apple TV update is not out yet. If it's just a day or two I wouldn't make too much of it, but if after a week and no update, it might be a sign that they are holding off for the rumoured Apple TV hardware refresh.

Um, it only has been a day so far. (Not even 24 hours yet...)

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
Um, it only has been a day so far. (Not even 24 hours yet...)

Yes but here's the kicker, they pulled the betas from my developer section as well, there is no software for atv avail period right now (other than what's out) I am thinking they are doing something that they dont want the general public to get a hold of. Perhaps gaming since they now have the built in gamepad software in there, one of the things they talked about with ios 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.