Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, I just got my iPhone 5s, and am currently charging it through my computer. I picked it up and its EXTREMELY hot! My iPhone 5 would heat up, but it never got this hot....is this happening to anyone else?

btw it's a 16gb space grey for verizon.

applewonder

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Yeah, just like the iPhone 5. This will probably be fixed in the coming months when the 6 comes out.

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
Put it in a cold bowl of water with ice cubes. Then restore it and setup it up as new.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Put it in cold bowl of water and ice cubes. Then restore it and setup it up as new.

don't put that man.... people will believe you.

I noticed that this morning and thought it was weird. It's not extremely hot but does feel warm. Think it's because it's so thin.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
I noticed that this morning and thought it was weird. It's not extremely hot but does feel warm. Think it's because it's so thin.

Yeah, I had an s4 before the 5s, and that was even worse! It seriously would almost burn me if I tried to hold it...and that happened in my pocket for no reason.

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
It's software corruption. Restore the device and set it up as new. Problem will be solved

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Hi, I just got my iPhone 5s, and am currently charging it through my computer. I picked it up and its EXTREMELY hot!

Don't you read? On first charge, you have to prime the iPhone 5s fusion reactor core.

fusion-reactor.jpg

WiseGuyMac

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
OP: mine did the exact same thing, but I surmised it was because of the iCloud restoration process. Once all apps and music were downloaded it cooled off almost instantly.

Hope this is the case for you as well.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Is probly all your excitement, you holding it too tight, too long, don't give it a chance to cool off! :D Ah first love.

Csmitte

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Just wondering if its all the information populating the phone from the cloud? mine was super hot and the battery was screaming toward zero...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.