Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MPB11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

Is it me or both the magic mouse and the apple mouse are totally uncomfortable in hand? Even if they WORK well, I just don't feel like using any of them. Any cheap pc mouse almost feels better to work long hours. I even had some people telling me that it partially ruins their iMac experience.

What do you guys think of that?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I actually love the way it feels, what I didnt like about the magic mouse was its sensitivity. Often it would mistake my scrolling for multitasking gestures. It got annoying...

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
I've always felt that Apple mice and keyboards suck. Sure, they look good but aren't ergonomic or comfortable for long periods of use. I've always been surprised that Apple can't come up with a mouse that both looks good and is ergonomic but I guess those two generally don't go hand in hand. I much prefer a Logitech Performance MX and keyboard with mechanical switches.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I know you're not alone in feeling that way. Personally I wasn't real fond of the Mighty Mouse but the Magic Mouse is AWESOME for me and I have no desire to look for anything different. I have one on each Mac. I have large hands (9" span thumb-to-pinkie) and find the Magic Mouse very comfortable.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've never liked the mice Apple has put out. I use a Logitech Performance MX instead. I have one for each of my three Mac's.

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
If you want to do anything remotely productive then the Magic Mouse is not the one to use. The ergonomics are truly dreadful. I use a Logitech Laser. MM is a case of form over function.

maplingstorie

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2009
Malaysia
It took me nearly a year to decide to buy the magic mouse because of many bad reviews. But I took the plunge a week ago because I just loved the smooth scrolling which no other mouse could offer except the touchpad. I would say it won't be as precise as a gaming mouse and has low DPI but it certainly is a kind of different mouse and experience. Use softwares like with smoothmouse + bettertouchtool to make it a better experience. It's able to support up to 4 finger gestures with the help of bettertouchtool which is awesome. So far, i've not experienced any hand cramps maybe because I have small hands. haha

Vandefilm

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
It's always the same story. People are used to bigger mouses and the magic mouse gets uncomfortable if you use it for the first 2 weeks. Most people don't have the patience and/or use a different mouse at work for example so they even need a longer 'getting used to'-period.
If you should use the magic mouse for one month (and only the MM) then it will fee very strange if you have a PC-mouse in your hand again. Because a 'normal' mouse isn't ergonomic either.

MPB11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I have been using it for the past 2 years and decided to go back yesterday to a simple logitech mouse, best decision in my case, i have big hands and the magic mouse just isn't for me I guess.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I like both the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad for OS X 10.7+ use, and I feel they work excellent. While in other OSs, I use a standard USB mouse with wheel as Windows and UNIXes do not seem to adapt well to the Magic Mouse smooth scroll.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I always hated apple mice especially the magic mouse but after using it for awhile I am just so used to it. I even use it for gaming.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I haven't tolerated an Apple mouse since Jobs came back. I do like the trackpad.

I have used Logitech and Kensington products most of my life.

Htin

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
the magic mouse doesnt glide well...... and horrible for fps.... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.