Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I just received my S4 and I have a couple of questions: How do I sign out in some Google services without signing out in all of them? How do I activate this air movement and eye scrolling? How do I update Android apps in the Play Store? There is no Update button. How do I deactivate the sound and vibration of keyboard buttons?

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
I just received my S4 and I have a couple of questions: How do I sign out in some Google services without signing out in all of them? How do I activate this air movement and eye scrolling? How do I update Android apps in the Play Store? There is no Update button. How do I deactivate the sound and vibration of keyboard buttons?

1. Settings - Accounts - Google - Click on your Gmail id. You can decide which Google services you want to sync.
2. Settings- My Device- Smart Screen.
3. Open Google play. Edit button - My apps . If there are any updates you should see an Update all button.
4. Settings- my device- language and input - click on the settings button

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
1. Settings - Accounts - Google - Click on your Gmail id. You can decide which Google services you want to sync.
2. Settings- My Device- Smart Screen.
3. Open Google play. Edit button - My apps . If there are any updates you should see an Update all button.
4. Settings- my device- language and input - click on the settings button

1. No YouTube setting!?
2. They seem to be activated, but I don't see them working. Am I making something wrong?
3. No Update all button. Guess everything is up to date then?
4. There is no settings button there.

Btw: Should I use an antivirus and which one?

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
1. No YouTube setting!?
2. They seem to be activated, but I don't see them working. Am I making something wrong?
3. No Update all button. Guess everything is up to date then?
4. There is no settings button there.

Btw: Should I use an antivirus and which one?

1. Just sign out through the YouTube app.
2. What browser are you using? If you are using the default browser, just stare at the screen until you see a green eye icon, then you can scroll by looking up and down.
3. If there are no update icons, then your apps are up to date.
4. Settings - my device - language and input - press the gear icon next to the keyboard you are using.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I see that eye in a gray box, but it isn't working most the time. With Chrome it doesn't work at all.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
The only time the screen stay works for me is when in bright light, and facing the light source. Otherwise pretty much useless.

And you don't need any antivirus, as long as you download only from reputable sources like the Play Store and the Amazon App Store.

The tilt- to -scroll function works well. The eye scrolling, not so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.