Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monster Sana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
You are using a wired speaker or wireless speaker?
If you are using a wired speaker, would you consider to upgrade to wireless?
What's yr budget?
What's yr requirements?

lwood1

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
SoCal
You are using a wired speaker or wireless speaker?
Wired, Bose

If you are using a wired speaker, would you consider to upgrade to wireless?
No

What's yr budget?
What's a budget?

What's yr requirements?
Quality sound and good looks

nabwong

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
Totem Arro. Most times I use the iphone via airport for convenience. Otherwise use CD player.

bdrake47

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2012
Bose Sounddock, wired & wireless (via ATV).

Very happy with it, not upgrading anytime soon.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Depends on where I'm listening but they're all wired except for the Tivoli setup. AirPlay is nicely convenient and sounds much better than BT audio in a quiet environment (you'd never hear the difference between BT and wired in a moving car). The only other wireless that I use is BT audio for podcasts and is a Plantronics Voyager Legend. It's amazing.

Headphones: EarPods or Sony MDR-7506

Master Bedroom: AirPlay > Airport Express > Tivoli Model Two Stereo

Home Theater: AppleTV (iTunes Match) > Onkyo 7.1 receiver > Front (LCR): Onkyo large bookshelf speakers, Surround: small bookshelf speakers (amazing for the price)

Car: Aux > Pioneer DEH-4900ib > Front: 6.5" Kenwood Excelon + dash component tweeters, Rear: 6.5" Kenwood Excelon routed as subs
- Future plans: upgrade to BT head unit for convenience and safety.

Garage: Aux > Boston Acoustics 2.1 Digital BA790

Last edited:

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I've had two Bose SoundDocks. One was a portable variety and the one I have now is the Bose Bluetooth SoundDock. They were $399, and $299 respectively.

After having a wired and now, a wireless, I prefer the wireless/BT. I can still at least use my phone with it connected and not have to leave it there at the dock. Though, it doesn't charge but that doesn't matter. Also, both are battery-powered which is essential since I frequently take it out and about.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I just replaced my old klipsch gmx 5.1 setup with a set of HK Soundsticks, but I didn't feel the bluetooth version were worth the extra $60. That said, I had to order them directly from HK since I couldn't find anyone that actually sells them in store anymore.

It was totally worth it though, the soundsticks are small and still sound decent enough for my desk setup. The Klipschs consumed my desk, and admittedly this time around I wanted an aesthetically pleasing set. I didn't mind the small sacrifice in sound quality in the least!

The white audioengine speakers I see around here from time to time look awesome, but they were somewhat - and later way out of my budget, and at the end of the day I think I'd still take the soundsticks over the a2s since it's probably not going to be night and day at that size, and the soundsticks still look cooler.

Last edited:

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Mine are wired

I do have Logitech z5500's and i have connected them using the toslink cable. Along with using a product called Boom to enhance the sounds.

Movies / music sound incredible with these speakers. Can't confirm for Games as i don't play them.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
iPod hifi. So wired. I'd like to upgrade to something with airplay though. I'll probably just buy an airport express.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.