Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
At the start of the summer, I went on a 6 week, 8,000 mile road trip around America and Canada making fictional storytelling imagery and portraits of those I met. I believe I made a post about it here before the trip started. This month, after the craziness of what the summer ended up being, I've started putting things together. Thought I would share a few of the early first round exports with you guys, see what you think, opinions, etc. Thanks!

Attachments

• los angeles.jpg
    los angeles.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 140
  • las cruces.jpg
    las cruces.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • toronto.jpg
    toronto.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 138

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Thanks for the comments, guys! The trip ended up going pretty well. Not sure I ever really wanted it to end. Here are a couple more I've first round assembled tonight...

Attachments

• austin.jpg
    austin.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 103
  • portland.jpg
    portland.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Last one I'll post, promise. Just stoked how this one came out!

Attachments

• winnipeg1-2.jpg
    winnipeg1-2.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 115

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Last one I'll post, promise. Just stoked how this one came out!

You'd have to happy with that as an end result. Has my mind ticking over to work out how it's achieved! Fantastic.

The main thing that stands out to me about your pictures is the use of light to add so much to the mood and feel of them. Did you read a lot of comics as a kid/teen? It's almost like looking at one, for the quality of light you achieve. :cool:

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
You'd have to happy with that as an end result. Has my mind ticking over to work out how it's achieved! Fantastic.

The main thing that stands out to me about your pictures is the use of light to add so much to the mood and feel of them. Did you read a lot of comics as a kid/teen? It's almost like looking at one, for the quality of light you achieve. :cool:

It's actually not as tricky as you might think. In a few days, the blog post for that day of the trip will go up and I'll get into the craft process a little for how to shoot for special effects such as that.

Honestly, didn't read too many comic books growing up. But, I did watch a ton of movies and generally am a huge fan of light. I view it as the extra character always in a photo, pushing the story along.

I won't clog up this thread with more image posts, but my Facebook artist page has other info on it. This is also where blog posts are linked to.

https://www.facebook.com/andybloxhamimagery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.