Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
So I was bored and I decided to try and track my iPhone which is Preparing for Shipment (Apple.com Order).

UPS.com
Track by Reference
Phone Number as Reference Number
Package (not freight or anything else)
Destination Country
Boom!

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Nice to know I don't have to wait for Apple to post my tracking number! It's there!!

Good luck to all!

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
So I was bored and I decided to try and track my iPhone which is Preparing for Shipment (Apple.com Order).

UPS.com
Track by Reference
Destination Country
Boom!

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Nice to know I don't have to wait for Apple to post my tracking number! It's there!!

Good luck to all!

With or without dashes? Also did you use the main account number, number its going on, number that the upgrade was used from? All 3 probably? All three are different for me lol. No combination worked though.

For anyone like me who cannot find where it says track by reference, you can actually see it here (this is the us link)

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US

jw6961

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010

UPS.com
Track by Reference
Destination Country
Boom!

Good luck to all!

How long ago did your status change to "Preparing for Shipment"?

johnnylam

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
Also tried this method myself, doesn't work

My order summary:

Ordered 12:02 A.M. PDT, Friday, 9/20/2013
Processing: Friday, 9/20/2013
Preparing for Shipment Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days (1pm pst)
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping
Delivery Location: Fontana, California
iPhone 5s 16GB Gold (GSM) AT&T

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
It doesn't work for me, but I ordered my phone unlocked, and without attaching it to a phone number, so either the billing # or shipping # would have to work, and neither do :(

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
It doesn't work for me, but I ordered my phone unlocked, and without attaching it to a phone number, so either the billing # or shipping # would have to work, and neither do :(

I also ordered my iPhone unlocked. I just typed in the phone number that I associated the billing/shipping with and it came up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.