Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lurice0

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
Keyser, WV
iTunes 11

my friend has iphone5 with new digital charge cable and she used to sync on my power pc but now she has to sync on my dell which means i had to match her playlist over on the dell. Didn't affect me.
Then iOS 7 comes out for the iphone 5s and 5c and i update my iPhone 4 with ios7 and NOW I CANT SYNC with my Power PC either because i need iTunes 11.1 or later and i can't update past 10.6.3 because im on a PPC. So I got PhoneView app for PPC and am using it to put music on my phone but it is kinda wack because you cant sync directly with itunes playlist...you cant even drag & drop music directly to it. You have to drag from iTunes to a folder in finder, and then point PhoneView to that folder... SO IS THERE just a program app that will JUST SYNC MY PLAYLISTS from iTunes to my phone.?
I like keeping my music on my mac and i dont wanna switch the dell i just wanna stick it out until i can replace my ppc with a new mac.
UNLESS - is there a good program that can sync my macs external hd with my dell's external hd every hour or so wirelessly or with wires? Then i would be comfortable syncing my phone with the dell, which has itunes 11. Thanks.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
my friend has iphone5 with new digital charge cable and she used to sync on my power pc but now she has to sync on my dell which means i had to match her playlist over on the dell. Didn't affect me.
Then iOS 7 comes out for the iphone 5s and 5c and i update my iPhone 4 with ios7 and NOW I CANT SYNC with my Power PC either because i need iTunes 11.1 or later and i can't update past 10.6.3 because im on a PPC. So I got PhoneView app for PPC and am using it to put music on my phone but it is kinda wack because you cant sync directly with itunes playlist...you cant even drag & drop music directly to it. You have to drag from iTunes to a folder in finder, and then point PhoneView to that folder... SO IS THERE just a program app that will JUST SYNC MY PLAYLISTS from iTunes to my phone.?
I like keeping my music on my mac and i dont wanna switch the dell i just wanna stick it out until i can replace my ppc with a new mac.
UNLESS - is there a good program that can sync my macs external hd with my dell's external hd every hour or so wirelessly or with wires? Then i would be comfortable syncing my phone with the dell, which has itunes 11. Thanks.

I was bummed because iOS7 can't sync with my iPhone 4 I had weeks ago (sold it and bought a Droid Razr) and my G5 was this big storage box that was loaded with music. My iPad mini I just have to sync with either my MBP or MBA. Not what I wanted to do - but I guess it's what I have to do.

cyberghoser1

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Athens, Hellas
It would be good to know the limitations with PPC and live with em, thats why I got my PB, and I Love it for what it is, PPC and old fashion Mac, and not iOSX although I use an Intel Mac myself to be up to date.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
I was bummed because iOS7 can't sync with my iPhone 4 I had weeks ago (sold it and bought a Droid Razr) and my G5 was this big storage box that was loaded with music. My iPad mini I just have to sync with either my MBP or MBA. Not what I wanted to do - but I guess it's what I have to do.

Try an android. You'll like it.

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2013
It would be good to know the limitations with PPC and live with em, thats why I got my PB, and I Love it for what it is, PPC and old fashion Mac, and not iOSX although I use an Intel Mac myself to be up to date.

there is always virtual pc 7 you could try and see how it works

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Actually I am running both, I don't see where i confused someone, but anyway.

Well, this is a thread in the PowerPC section, about running software on a PowerPC Mac, where someone suggested running Virtual PC 7 (PowerPC-only software,) and you interjected that "So far, 10.8.5 works well on Vmware."

That has nothing to do with PowerPC. Hence the confusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.