Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chatter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Uphill from Downtown
All,
I upgraded to iOS7 on the iphone 4 and it seems great except when it comes to using the keyboard - for unlocking, texts, emails etc. It takes forever to get the keyboard touch input to work. Everything else is fine. Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

Elyquin

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
Savannah
iPhone4 is just old tech now

Make sure your BlueTooth is off. My iP4 is laggy. For example, after touching the Message icon, it can take 2 - 4 sec before I get to the Message screen.

Increase your contrast so that the the graphics are easier on the processor. I also choose bold on the font.

Stop some of the back ground processes.

I basically had to go to youtube and look at the iOS7 tips to see what people were recommending. Filter the youtube search for the past week.

Chatter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Uphill from Downtown
Make sure your BlueTooth is off. My iP4 is laggy. For example, after touching the Message icon, it can take 2 - 4 sec before I get to the Message screen.

Increase your contrast so that the the graphics are easier on the processor. I also choose bold on the font.

Stop some of the back ground processes.

I basically had to go to youtube and look at the iOS7 tips to see what people were recommending. Filter the youtube search for the past week.

Thank you! Will look now.

sharkzfan

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
fix iphone 4 key lag

Try this:
go to settings > icloud and turn off 'documents and data'

This fixed my key lag (which was horrible)

Kaelbron

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
I may need to downgrade then coz this isnt working well. Once I get my 5S, this goes on CL. Thanks.

Try turning off background updates and things like that? Sure it's more for the battery but it never hurt.

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Had all sorts of issues with iOS7 on my 4. Laggy keyboard was bad enough, but then it wouldn't recognize the letters I, L and M in portrait mode. They worked in landscape. It's as though a portion of the screen was dead. Swipes that originated from that particular vertical section were unrecognized. Very odd.

Downgraded back to 6.1.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.