Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I waited with friends in line since 10:30 pm (well, I had a family member split the shift with me). They had TWO gold phones in. I was 20th in line. About 7:30 they gave us the cards for buying. Needless to say, I was very upset.

So I called Att business at 7:50 AM. Ordered two gold 16gb. They quoted 21-28 days until shipment.

But check it out:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 152

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
It's a good business strategy: under-promise (to give yourself flexibility) and then over-deliver to make the customer happy.

Wouldn't call it a "miracle" though ;)

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Impressive ... That's lucky if you ask me . Don't crush his bubble people . My wife's gold phone is still preparing for shipment . Nonetheless, you're getting yours this Monday . That's awesome. I got mine on launch . Was the 4th in line the three people in front of me didn't want the gold . And of course they only had one gold in the whole store at my local Apple store , 64GB att ! I think that's a miracle too lol

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Impressive ... That's lucky if you ask me . Don't crush his bubble people . My wife's gold phone is still preparing for shipment . Nonetheless, you're getting yours this Monday . That's awesome. I got mine on launch . Was the 4th in line the three people in front of me didn't want the gold . And of course they only had one gold in the whole store at my local Apple store , 64GB att ! I think that's a miracle too lol

DANG! Lucky you! I only went with the 16gb because I'm getting the iPad mini with 64 GB.

Holty123

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Crington UK
Add me to the miracle list. Found a white 32 GB 5s today in store.

queued up for 8 hours was told at 7:30am that all white phones had sold out!

my ticket said 32gb space grey but i got a white one in store? didn't know until i was half way home even though the box was a dead give away(i was very tired)

luckily my friend swapped with me

dmystic1

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2010
Hemet, CA
I waited with friends in line since 10:30 pm (well, I had a family member split the shift with me). They had TWO gold phones in. I was 20th in line. About 7:30 they gave us the cards for buying. Needless to say, I was very upset.

So I called Att business at 7:50 AM. Ordered two gold 16gb. They quoted 21-28 days until shipment.

But check it out:

I'm hating!:)

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
This is why I'll NEVER stand in line overnight for a god damned phone. In fact, I can't think of ANY consumer product that important. Order it online and wait a few days.

I arrived at Verizon 45 minutes before they opened, was #22 in line, and still got a phone just fine - I hope the first 10 or so people felt retarded, as they'd been there since 8pm the day before. The only reason I got there THAT early is because I got in and out with my breakfast beforehand quicker then I anticipated.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Hmmm, maybe I get surprised before 10/28 with my gold from ATT.

ucfgrad11

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2013
This is why I'll NEVER stand in line overnight for a god damned phone. In fact, I can't think of ANY consumer product that important. Order it online and wait a few days.

I arrived at Verizon 45 minutes before they opened, was #22 in line, and still got a phone just fine - I hope the first 10 or so people felt retarded, as they'd been there since 8pm the day before. The only reason I got there THAT early is because I got in and out with my breakfast beforehand quicker then I anticipated.

that gave me a bit of a chuckle

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I'm hating!:)

Haha, it feels great!

----------

We waited in line for fun. It was cool talking to others and I even got to try airdrop with one guy.

Packing lunches, coffee, sleeping gear, external batteries. It was like camping!

----------

queued up for 8 hours was told at 7:30am that all white phones had sold out!

my ticket said 32gb space grey but i got a white one in store? didn't know until i was half way home even though the box was a dead give away(i was very tired)

luckily my friend swapped with me

Sometimes the universe loves us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.