Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I installed minon rush onto an iPad 1 using ifunbox (Installing through iTunes will result in an error).

The problem is that the even game does load, the framerate is so low that it's unplayable, I can't even get to the part that requires tilting the device in order to test if the game works with iPad 1's gyroscope.

The iPad has 172032 more pixels that the iPhone 4, but doubt it's enough to cause such a huge framerate drop. It must be caused by something else

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Not sure what you are looking for here ?

The iPad 1 hardware cannot support the requirements of the games, so iTunes will not allow installing it.
Installing it another way will not change the hardware requirements.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Not sure what you are looking for here ?

The iPad 1 hardware cannot support the requirements of the games, so iTunes will not allow installing it.
Installing it another way will not change the hardware requirements.

Can you force the game to render at iPhone screen size, then scale it up?

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
In other words:It's possible to "downgrade" an iPhone/iPad app into an iPhone only app?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
In other words:It's possible to "downgrade" an iPhone/iPad app into an iPhone only app?

Not without having the source code and knowing how to code

Unless you have an older version of the app's ipa file that's compatible with the iPad 1 on iOS 5.1.1

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

Not for the layman.

Anyways, I recommend if the app had an older iPhone only version that you fid and download that one. If not the sol

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
5.1.1 jailbroken

You fulfill one of the requirements but the version of the app doesn't have the hardware requirements. There's not much you can do unless you have an older version of the app's ipa file that works with the iPad 1

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Is there a cydia tweak to force the app to run like this? The iPad 1 maybe fast enough to run the game at iPhone resoultion. I want to try to get playable fps first before dealing with the gyroscope
appletabletb317_01.jpg

Last edited:

Johnick

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
The newest version of the Youtube app is for iOS 6, when the last version for iOS 5.1.1 stopped working I stupidly deleted it and went to download it again from the app store only to find out it now requires iOS 6 :mad:. I tried editing the plist for it, but I always get an error in funbox.

Whilst the last version which was V1.4 for iOS 5.1.1 wont work, Ive heard the previous version 1.3 still does, Ive been trying to track it down but can only find the iPhone version which looks horrible scaled :(.

Does anyone know how I can get the iPad version of Youtube 1.3 ?, Id also appreciate the last version of DailyMotion for iPad if anyone knows how to get it.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
The newest version of the Youtube app is for iOS 6, when the last version for iOS 5.1.1 stopped working I stupidly deleted it and went to download it again from the app store only to find out it now requires iOS 6 :mad:. I tried editing the plist for it, but I always get an error in funbox.

Whilst the last version which was V1.4 for iOS 5.1.1 wont work, Ive heard the previous version 1.3 still does, Ive been trying to track it down but can only find the iPhone version which looks horrible scaled :(.

Does anyone know how I can get the iPad version of Youtube 1.3 ?, Id also appreciate the last version of DailyMotion for iPad if anyone knows how to get it.

It doesn't work because they probably are going using iOS 6 only SDK

In short of saving your older version .ipa's, there's not much you can do unless you look for a cracked version that doesn't require it to be associated to your apple ID

Not that I support piracy but YouTube itself is a free app

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It doesn't work because they probably are going using iOS 6 only SDK

In short of saving your older version .ipa's, there's not much you can do unless you look for a cracked version that doesn't require it to be associated to your apple ID

Not that I support piracy but YouTube itself is a free app

Yes, that would be the only way.
To find an old version of the app in .ipa and install that version instead.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I installed minon rush onto an iPad 1 using ifunbox (Installing through iTunes will result in an error).

The problem is that the even game does load, the framerate is so low that it's unplayable, I can't even get to the part that requires tilting the device in order to test if the game works with iPad 1's gyroscope.

The iPad has 172032 more pixels that the iPhone 4, but doubt it's enough to cause such a huge framerate drop. It must be caused by something else

Looks like you're in luck! http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/09/17/app-store-legacy-app-downloads/

Last edited:

honam1021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I messed with the game on iPad 1 and I got this:
attachment.php

There are some minor glitches (since the app isn't optimised for iPad 1 anyway) that I don't know how to explain, but it's playable once you get used to the lag.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1,903
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.