Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dperez398

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2008
I managed to get it running on my Intel Macbook. I figured I'd post how I did it, but be aware that it may have some adverse effects on your machine. Do all this at your own risk. Anyway, I'll try to make this as basic/thorough as I can for people who aren't all that familiar with this sort of thing (like me).

1. Download Pacifist here:
http://www.charlessoft.com/

2. Download the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 here:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/leopardgraphicsupdate10.html

3. Download the OS X 10.5.4 update here:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx1054update.html

4. Open Pacifist.

5. Open the Leopard Graphics Update (by double-clicking), then drag "LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0.pkg" into the Pacifist window.

6. Pacifist will automatically open the .pkg, resulting in a new window where you can browse the contents. Using the arrows to the left of each heading, go from Contents of LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0.pkg>System>Library>Extensions.

7. Highlight all the files under Extensions (ranging from AppleAltiVecDVDDriver.bundle to NVDARResman.kext).

8. Right click the files, and select Install to Default Location.

*Note: At a glance, it seems that the files included in this package were meant to address the graphics cards on all of Apple's machines. Therefore you probably only need to select those specific to your hardware. However, this is again a recap of exactly what I did to get my game working.

9. Make sure that Use Administrator Privileges is checked, and click install. You'll be prompted for your password, and asked if you want to replace existing files. Replace them.

10. Reboot your computer.

*Note: At this point, my computer would reach the log in screen. After I entered my password, it would freeze at the screen with the default Leopard wallpaper.

11. Start your computer in Safe Mode by pressing and holding Shift as soon as the start up tone is played. For a likely related reason, it took my computer about 10 minutes to reach the log in screen, so be patient.

12. In Safe Mode, open the 10.5.4 update (the default file name is MacOSXUpd10.5.4.dmg).

13. Open MacOSXUpd10.5.4.pkg and install it the same as you'd install a normal update.

14. Reboot.

At this point, my computer once again started running normally, and I was able to play StarCraft (single player and on Battle.Net) with no problems. Like I said, installing all of the files in Extensions probably added some unnecessary bulk to the process, but since it worked, I don't plan on going back and figuring out just which files were essential. Hope this helps. Good luck guys.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Just throwing this out there for reference...

I downloaded the Starcraft Anthology digital version on my iMac (White, Intel Core 2 Duo) running 10.5.4 and it installed/runs fine! :eek::confused:

dtmpowerm5

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Years Later...

Years after this post was alive the insert disc 2 issue persists. Pretty unacceptable. I searched other sites and they have never fixed this issue..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.