Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aysrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Hi peeps..

This my fourth day of trying to solve this Sims freezeing problem and I give up today. Finally :) So maybe you guys can help me out.

I've been trying to play this Sims 3 game.. It took me 2 days to succesfully install the game and it's cracks. I made everything right and the game finally started.. But I didnt know that thing are gonna get much more complicated..

Well, here's the problem: When I open the game everything looks great infact when I try to move a family to a home and start to play, the screen freezes and I can not even force quit.. I'm gonna write down the things that I tried according to other people's advices.. I saw these solutions on internet forums and pretty much everybody made it but me..

1-I deleted all things named or marked 'sims' in folders 'USERS-LIBRARY-PREFERENCES'
2-I turned off the internet connection, uninstalled the game and reinstall without updates.
3-I changed the graphic options like low to medium or medium to low and i tried every screen resolutions...
4-I downloaded the SIMS 3 RELOADED version and some other versions. I individually installed them, and tried if one of the maybe gonna work but none of the actually worked at all.. I just wanna know if Sims 3 works with my laptop.. If not please somebody tell me so I can stop trying things and sleep peacefully..I would be appreciate if someone tell me something about this madness... Thank you...

Here is my laptop info:
2011 Macbook Pro

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB

Last edited:

Rhendera

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
I can help you out real quick with this one:

It's not your macbook, it's the Sims that sucks. The base engine that the game runs on is incredibly bad, and will cause lag in game after a while, no matter what. I don't know if you're into mods, but if you're willing to, check out NRAAS Industries, by Twallan. He has a bunch of mods that will help you optimize the game, like Storyprogression, Errortrap, Mastercontroller and overwatch. If you put those in your game I promise you it will clean up your game so much it might just run smoothly again. (ish, since the base engine still sucks and you can only do so much before it's hopeless)

This is his website : http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Edit: I can't read, but this looks like a different error. try everything this page says: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Game_Problem

Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.

aysrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Hello my friend and thank you for your attention..
Wel unfortunately I dont know anything about MODS..
But Im gonna research about it and give a shot..
thank you again..

aysrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
okey
mods are too complicated.. i couldnt make it.. and the other website that you sent didnt worked netiher.. i guess i'll give up..

aysrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I SOLVED IT!
well actually the problem is 10.6.8..
after i installed the 'LION' game's working
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.