Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IndyDrew12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
I shot almost 200 videos with the camera function on my old iPhone 3. When that phone was damaged, I got an iPhone 4 and the guy at the AT & T store told me to just transfer them off onto my computer as regular files and then transfer them onto my new iPhone. I did this but it seems in doing so, the videos were reclassified as movies and now cannot be transferred off my iPhone. I called Apple last night and spent two and a half hours on the phone with a senior advisor who eventually said she and her supervisor didn't know what else to do except suggest that I google a "third party app" that will allow me to transfer movies off the device and onto my computer. I pressed and she said she couldn't give me any more info about what apps might be helpful in doing this. Do you have any ideas of third party apps that will allow me to get 2 GBs of videos that Apple has made movies off of my phone? I've already tried a couple of apps - Dropbox, Transfer Big Files, etc - and they just recognize the stuff on my camera roll, not the movies under Utilities>Videos. The videos are NOT listed under Camera Roll.

I'm stressing movies because from my home screen, they are in Utilities>Videos and then listed as movies. When I plug the phone into iTunes, I can see and view them under Movies and when I try to click and drag them out manually, it doesn't work. Also, when I click on my iPhone from My Computer, the movies don't appear. When I play the videos on my iPhone or through iTunes, there is NO option for mailing them to a recipient.

Help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.