Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockoar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I'm having some issues with the "Places" feature on iPhoto. I'm running Mac OS X 10.8.5 and iPhoto version 9.4.3, if that's of any importance. I just recently added a few photos using my digital camera (which doesn't have a GPS capability whatsoever) and after sorting them out I decided to add the location of where they were taken, until that point everything was working just fine. The issue is that whenever I go to Places and scroll down through the list the same place repeats itself multiple times (actually, it repeats itself by the number of photos that are taken on that same location, as if each photo represents a new location even though it's the same place).

Is there anyway to fix this? I tried deleting the location and retrying but the result was always the same. I also tried removing the location information altogether and iPhoto still showed the pins on the map and the places' name on the scroll list. I upload a photo in case my description wasn't all that clear.

Thanks in advance for any info on how to fix this.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.