Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Is there a way to remove the soft black box which is behind subtitles in the latest iOS update for Apple TV?

Last edited:

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Is there a way to remove the soft black box which is behind subtitles in the latest iOS update for Apple TV? :mad:

Go to subtitles editing and create and edit custom subtitles. I don't remember exactly the titles of where you go, but it's there. My family yelled when I removed them, I did it in the beta versions but I'm sure it's in 6.0.

mpimenta

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
Sorry to bother you guys, but I can't find any settings related to subtitles format on my Apple TV. The only thing I can find about subtitles is setting a default language. Where on Apple TV settings can I take this annoying black box off? I'm running the most recent software (6.0) for my third generation Apple TV. Thanks.

----------

Found it!!! Accessibility menu! Thanks.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Sorry to bother you guys, but I can't find any settings related to subtitles format on my Apple TV. The only thing I can find about subtitles is setting a default language. Where on Apple TV settings can I take this annoying black box off? I'm running the most recent software (6.0) for my third generation Apple TV. Thanks.

----------

Found it!!! Accessibility menu! Thanks.

General->Accessibility->Style (create one and then there is an option to edit it...set Opacity to 0%).

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Am I the only one seeing messed up settings with the subtitles options? I tried to make a custom subtitles setting but the second time I tried to edit the parameters the preview of the subtitles didn't change, no matter which settings I modified.

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.