Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Hey everyone,

I am in the market to buy a new laptop. Looking to make the switch to a Mac. I am hesitant as updates are said to be happening in October hopefully. Interested in the 13" or 15" pro. Planning on waiting for potential CPU updates. The other gripe I have is that HDMI is not a standard port on the MacBook Pro non-retina. I know I could buy an adapter but that is one more thing I have to remember when I have my laptop. Have there been any rumors of a HDMI port being added to the non-retina pros to match the retina? This would be very handy as I can always find an HDMI cord at a friends house but I may not always remember my adapter.

If anyone knows about any predictions feel free to post

Thanks for your help!

tjgonzo

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2013
California
With recent trends (apple not bumping the CPU specs on the cMBP when they did on the rMBP) it seems that Apple won't be updating the older models and consolidating it's Pro line to just the Retina models.
So the Older cMBP will probably not be updated with HDMI ports.

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
With recent trends (apple not bumping the CPU specs on the cMBP when they did on the rMBP) it seems that Apple won't be updating the older models and consolidating it's Pro line to just the Retina models.
So the Older cMBP will probably not be updated with HDMI ports.

Hopefully not. But I agree about the lack of HDMI port if the cMBP is updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.