Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hazuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2013
Bali
hey guys have you noticed that battery life on iOS7 is slightly worst than iOS6?
usually on iOS6 it takes a few minutes from fully charged 100% to ~99%
im playing music with the display on, the battery percentage keep lowering every 5~6minutes..

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
hey guys have you noticed that battery life on iOS7 is slightly worst than iOS6?
usually on iOS6 it takes a few minutes from fully charged 100% to ~99%
im playing music with the display on, the battery percentage keep lowering every 5~6minutes..

Apple throttles non-flagship devices on major iOS updates.

Yes, even if the devise won't be updated this year.

gerbilbox

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2003
Yeah, it's significantly lower. It's to be expected with the rather excessive animations and white background on the music app.

On LCD screens like our iPods, iPhones, iPads and MacBook Pros, the white background has no impact on battery life. The way the technology works, a backlight lights up the entire display as a pure, solid white, even when there's a lot of black being displayed. Next, the individual pixels block out the light to form colors and images, so the power-hungry backlight is still on at full even when displaying something that's mostly black.

Anyway, I turned on "Reduce Motion" and "Increase Contrast" in Accessibility as a precaution to lower the CPU load, but I honestly can't tell the difference because my battery has been on the decline before I updated to iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.