Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scmacdaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
LA
My time capsule gave me a message saying the backup needs to be redone first about a week ago. It finished, and then gave me the same message again a day ago. Anyone else have this issue? My backup is 1.2 TB takes forever, and i don't want my macbook to die in the process of creating a new backup.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
My time capsule gave me a message saying the backup needs to be redone first about a week ago. It finished, and then gave me the same message again a day ago. Anyone else have this issue? My backup is 1.2 TB takes forever, and i don't want my macbook to die in the process of creating a new backup.

I've found formatting the time machine drive and starting over helps. Try and do a complete uninterrupted first run when you backup. Disable sleep on the first run or use the Caffeine app to keep the mac awake.

scmacdaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
LA
I've found formatting the time machine drive and starting over helps. Try and do a complete uninterrupted first run when you backup. Disable sleep on the first run or use the Caffeine app to keep the mac awake.

Thanks. I will try this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.