Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just out of curiosity, will some of you switch to none IOS phone because of ios 7?

Should Jonathan Ive have stayed with the industrial design only?

No. I love iOS 7 and have no plans to purchase any phone but an iPhone.

Jony Ive and Craig Federighi did an incredible job.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm happy with iOS7, its definitely a breath of fresh air. Its not perfect but then Android isn't either.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Will be staying with apple as will all my family, iOS 7 is great, bar a few bugs but fine otherwise, iOS needed a refresh.

Adam.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Well, I like the fact that now we can stream videos from the cloud but I don't like the calender, I prefered IOS 6. And man IOS 7 is a battery sucker

There are other calendar apps. Not really a reason to switch to an entirely different OS.

iOS 7 for me is amazing on battery. More so than iOS 6

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
What iPhone do you have, mine is the 5.
As for a good reason to switch, if the fact that tge included apps don't meet my needs is not a good reason, then what would be a good reason?

I am long time Apple and Android user. So yeah, I am not switching to Android because I already own few Android devices. Currently using Nexus 4 as daily driver and iPad Mini, Nexus 7 as my tablet

There are plenty reason for me to use Android as daily driver as opposite of iPhone. First and for most is the screen size. Once you get use to bigger phone, it is very hard for me to go back with 4 inch screen. It just not big enough for me to read. While some people can do everything with 3.5 or 4 inch screen, but into me.

Secondly is freedom. I could do almost everything on my own way. I could choose my theme, my default application, I have freedom of using FILE MANAGER, I have freedom choice my on screen keyboard.

IlikeMacsSoMuch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Blainville, Province of Quebec
I am long time Apple and Android user. So yeah, I am not switching to Android because I already own few Android devices. Currently using Nexus 4 as daily driver and iPad Mini, Nexus 7 as my tablet

There are plenty reason for me to use Android as daily driver as opposite of iPhone. First and for most is the screen size. Once you get use to bigger phone, it is very hard for me to go back with 4 inch screen. It just not big enough for me to read. While some people can do everything with 3.5 or 4 inch screen, but into me.

Secondly is freedom. I could do almost everything on my own way. I could choose my theme, my default application, I have freedom of using FILE MANAGER, I have freedom choice my on screen keyboard.

yeah, freedom, that's also something that I am considering. In august I had to switch my mobile plan because of new law in canada so I bought a samsung galaxy s4, ( iPhone owner since the iPhone 4 first day) but everybody kept telling me that I would miss the iPhone so I took it back and got the iPhone 5 instead but now that I upgraded to iOS 7 I am having second thoughts. Not only the screen size but also the actual size was great. I use my iPhone with a Lifeproof case so it doesn't really mather but the iPhone by itself is too small for my hand, I keep on droping it.

I will never switch from OSX but from iOS yeah I certainly could.

Slivortal

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I actually like the aesthetics and functionality of iOS7, but it's too taxing on Apple's relatively meager hardware. Battery life suffers, and there are unnecessary animations/lag.

...Which have often been a complaint of Android, which has improved these aspects. At this point, I feel that iOS7 is just a worse Android, so I'm going to probably go for the better product (Note 3).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.