Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
Just got my new apple leather case, i love the case but the buttons are hard as hell to push, especially the power button....i saw someone else on here complaining of the same issue but i cant find the thread now for the life of me...to anyone who has had one of these, does the leather "break in" making it easier to press the buttons over time?

critic81

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
Massachusetts
What I did was take the case off, and flex the buttons. I mean just push them in and out while the case is off the phone. It makes them softer to push. It helped me.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I noticed this as well when I got mine on Friday last week. In the time since then it's become easier, though still not quite as easy as the naked button.

critic81 makes an interesting suggestion; give it a shot.

Another thought - with TouchID, I find I'm waking the phone more often with the home button than the power button. Where I used to use the power button then swipe-to-unlock and enter my PIN, TouchID incents me to wake with the home button and then hold my finger for TouchID to unlock the phone. I now tend to use the power button only to sleep the phone before putting it in my pocket.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
What I did was take the case off, and flex the buttons. I mean just push them in and out while the case is off the phone. It makes them softer to push. It helped me.

It did seem to make it a little bit easier...id imagine that over time it will just get easier and easier...glad i got this for my iphone 5 so itll be really broken in at christmas when i get my 5s :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.