Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

php111

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
From reading this link that was posted by the OP http://www.evad3rs.net/2013/09/can-i-jailbreak-ios-702.html?m=1, does that mean a jailbreak could be released very short while, and will it support a jailbreak for my iPhone 4? My version currently is 6.1 (10B141). And will that jailbreak be untethered?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

php111

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
If you have an iPhone 4 on 6.1, the evasi0n jailbreak has been available for a very long time for your phone.

For an untethered jailbreak iOS 7x for my phone?

I have iOS 6.1 jailbreak already. I'm talking about iOS 7x.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Could someone please answer this?

There is no iOS 7 jailbreak for any device at the moment

Cydia doesn't even work on iOS 7 right now so no point in jailbreaking even if a tethered jailbreak for the 4 was released

php111

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
There is no iOS 7 jailbreak for any device at the moment

Cydia doesn't even work on iOS 7 right now so no point in jailbreaking even if a tethered jailbreak for the 4 was released

I understand that is NO iOS 7 jailbreak out yet, and that wasn't my question. According to this link http://www.evad3rs.net/2013/09/can-i-jailbreak-ios-702.html, does it mean that iOS 7 will be coming out soon and will it support the iPhone 4 and will it be untethered? I'm not asking if its out because I do know that no such iOS 7 jailbreak is out.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I understand that is NO iOS 7 jailbreak out yet, and that wasn't my question. According to this link http://www.evad3rs.net/2013/09/can-i-jailbreak-ios-702.html, does it mean that iOS 7 will be coming out soon and will it support the iPhone 4 and will it be untethered? I'm not asking if its out because I do know that no such iOS 7 jailbreak is out.

No one knows if a jailbreak will be completed for iOS7
No one knows if a jailbreak will be released for iOS7
No one knows when a jailbreak might come for iOS7

This info is in about every 3rd thread right here on this page.

The website linked above, the one you quoted, is not even the Evad3rs website !

http://evasi0n.com

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010

Asking that question is like asking "How long is a piece of string" No one knows.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Jus to be save from twitter:

MuscleNerd
‏@MuscleNerd
It goes without saying that if you're currently jailbroken, avoid 7.x.x. (Same if you're on iOS5 and use redsn0w's iOS5 re-restore feature)

So if on 6.1 DON'T upgrade to 7.02

Only if already on 7.x an update to 7.02 is ok.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Our two 5S have been on 7.0, 7.0.1 and now 7.0.2

It is safe to go to 7.0.2 if you are still on 7.0

Me too. I updated my 5s to 7.0.2 last night as well. I find it's more stable than 7.0. I was having stability issues. Glad they're gone though lol.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

That evad3rs.net site is fake, not official. So be careful of what you read there.

There is no iOS7 JB coming soon, nobody knows when the jb will be finished except the people that are making it and they have given no ETA for it.

Official
1. Stay below 7 if you want to jailbreak a device that has lower iOS version.
2. If at 7, you can upgrade to 7.0.2 since it doesn't affect the new jb they are making, that has no ETA.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
For what it's worth, I did it OTA and all the stability issues I was experiencing are gone. And I had more issues than I thought I would experience. Needless to say I'm a happy camper!

Last edited:

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
For what it's worth, I did it OTA and all the stability issues I was experiencing are gone. And I have more issues than I thought I would experience. Needless to say I'm a happy camper!

Me too. I updated before I even knew if the 7.0.1/2 updates were bad for jailbreak just because I wouldn't even want a jailbroken iphone if it would freeze/respring all the time. Haven't had any issues since the updates and can't wait for iOS 7 jailbreak to come :D

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Any word on whether it makes a difference whether you get to 7.0.2 by OTA upgrade or through iTunes?

Good question.
Once a JB is out I would do a full restore to the particular jailbreakable firmware and then save its shsh blobs and JB.
This way if there's a breakthrough down the road and shsh blobs could be used for the iphone 4S/i5 and 5S then I wouldn't have any issues with an OTA ramdisk mismatch update.
But we're still way ahead of ourselves:)

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Once a JB is out I would do a full restore to the particular jailbreakable firmware and then save its shsh blobs and JB.

Indeed. I was just curious if Musclenerd had said anything.

As for the whole SHSH BLOb thing, I think we're well past the point where they're going to be of any use. Certainly I'm no longer willing to sweat over them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.