Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon's digital software store is offering MacRumors readers an exclusive $15 one-time discount on software purchased through their downloadable Mac software section and Digital Software sections on Amazon.com.

The discount is available using the coupon code MACR0913 which expires on October 6th at 11:59 PST. It is limited to one use per customer, and excludes games.

The discount can be used for any downloadable software (Mac or PC), including the just released Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Adobe Premiere Elements 12. Photoshop and Premiere Elements are Adobe's lower-cost photo and video editing software aimed at consumers.

MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon.

Article Link: Amazon: $15 Discount on Mac Software, Including Photoshop Elements 12

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Intriguing. Nice discount, but would rather have the better software (not Elements).

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
If only Pixelmator didn't suffice for 99% of my editing needs.

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional anything.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
It doesn't look like there is a minimum purchase for this coupon code. I added a $15 piece of software to my cart and then applied the discount and the software is now free.

M-B-P

macrumors regular
May 15, 2010
Is Pixelmator available on Amazon? I couldn't find it.

Is there any other good software in the $15-20 range?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
At first it didn't let you apply for what I wanted and now I pick anything and says it's not valid.

Thanks for wasting my time MacRumors.

Whodatdumbguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2012
Tried getting Quickbooks for Mac download and was told the code is invalid. Waste of time as other readers have said.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
It doesn't look like there is a minimum purchase for this coupon code. I added a $15 piece of software to my cart and then applied the discount and the software is now free.

Didn't work for me; just tried to get a free copy of GTA San Andreas and it said the code isn't valid for this order.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I wonder if I could "buy" one of the $0 apps and then have the $15 tied to my account?

Nope.

EDIT: By the way. You get a downloader to download the app, but then you get an additional DMG that is like downloading it from the publisher's website. It's not tied to Amazon's servers or anything fishy like that. Updates are done with Sparkle, which we've all been using for a decade now probably.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Hi,
I work on Amazon's Digital Software team and just wanted to clarify that the coupon is good for downloadable software only -- not games. The best way to drill down on software downloads is to visit http://amazon.com/digitalsoftware OR http://amazon.com/macsoftware. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to anyone that was looking to purchase games.

Regards,
Jeremy
That's a real shame. The selection of software is pretty crap to put it bluntly.

benedetti

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Looks like discount works for purchases over $30.

Edit: They changed something, now works with any downloadable software.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.