Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamTheeGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

So i am still waiting for my 5S so i thought about checking the price of my iphone 5, i went to check out a random store the resell value of my 3 month old iphone 5 64gb white and they gave me 530$ is that too little or good?

And the device looks like new no scratches what so ever

Thank you all in advance :)

Last edited:

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Hello everyone,

So i am still waiting for my 5S so i thought about checking the price of my iphone 5, i went to check out a random store the resell value of my 3 month old iphone 5 64gb white and they gave me 530$ is that too little or good?

That sounds lik a good price. High.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I have AppleCare+ on my 64GB Black iPhone 5 and it's valid through October 2014. I should sell it for $600?

LagLiquidators

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Louisiana
Over the last 7 days the average sale price for a phone like yours on ebay was 551. So considering that you won't have to ship it or pay fees, 530 sounds like a great deal. What store was it? I sell phones for a living and I can see how they're making a profit at that price. I'd jump on it.

----------

I have AppleCare+ on my 64GB Black iPhone 5 and it's valid through October 2014. I should sell it for $600?

What carrier is your phone? Is it unlocked?

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Over the last 7 days the average sale price for a phone like yours on ebay was 551. So considering that you won't have to ship it or pay fees, 530 sounds like a great deal. What store was it? I sell phones for a living and I can see how they're making a profit at that price. I'd jump on it.

----------

What carrier is your phone? Is it unlocked?

It's unlocked. With AppleCare+ for any reason I can replace the phone for $50. I was thinking of getting a new replacement then selling that since it would be spotless and basically new.

tharepairguy

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
It's unlocked. With AppleCare+ for any reason I can replace the phone for $50. I was thinking of getting a new replacement then selling that since it would be spotless and basically new.

You were thinking about helping drive up the price of applecare for everyone, so you can make an extra 20 bux? And people wonder why the deductible was raised this year...

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008

i thought applecare was $79 now, they raised the price.

anyways. 64GB unlocked iPhone 5 i would pay $550 for it, no more.

do $600 OBO

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Hello everyone,

Thank you all in advance :)

Good price. Stick with that. Im selling my 2 month old mint condition 16GB white unlocked iPhone 5 for $460.00. Technically $410 because I am paying for the unlock.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
You were thinking about helping drive up the price of applecare for everyone, so you can make an extra 20 bux? And people wonder why the deductible was raised this year...
Yes exactly! I paid for the AppleCare+. I can use it for any reason I choose. And I'd make more than an extra $20 for an unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 with AWS support and a year left of AppleCare+ coverage.

----------

i thought applecare was $79 now, they raised the price.

anyways. 64GB unlocked iPhone 5 i would pay $550 for it, no more.

do $600 OBO

Thank you

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yes exactly! I paid for the AppleCare+. I can use it for any reason I choose. And I'd make more than an extra $20 for an unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 with AWS support and a year left of AppleCare+ coverage.

----------

Thank you

Go into Apple and tell them exactly that. "Hi, I'd like a new phone using my Applecare+ because I'm selling and want a flawless new one."

Report back and let us know what they say.

(I'm thinking you don't know what insurance is)

SamTheeGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
United Kingdom

----------

Really thats good then, the shop is random at my home country Kuwait

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Go into Apple and tell them exactly that. "Hi, I'd like a new phone using my Applecare+ because I'm selling and want a flawless new one."

Report back and let us know what they say.

(I'm thinking you don't know what insurance is)
AppleCare+ is for any reason. Including cosmetic. I paid for it. I can use it. End of story.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Incorrect

Apple states "Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,(2) each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax."

It does not state the phone must be non-functional. An accidental damage incident to one person may be a scratch on the screen where another person might be dropped in water.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.