Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weespeed

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Can you tell us any more besides what's been predicted?

Asking seriously.

I wish i could. Google is sneaky and has ways to see where the leaks come from. They are funny too. When the phone started up it needs to be updated. Some experimental software stuff and it says you need to guard it like a ninja.

Here's a picture.

Last edited:

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I wish i could. Google is sneaky and has ways to see where the leaks come from. They are funny too. When the phone started up it needs to be updated. Some experimental software stuff and it says you need to guard it like a ninja.

Here's a picture.

Looks ugly compared to the design of the Nexus 4.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
So with a 2300 mAh battery, it would put it in line with the HTC One. Except the Nexus 5's Snapdragon 800 is more energy efficient than the Snapdragon 600, but the battery has to power a slightly larger display. So I am thinking battery life will be roughly the same or maybe a little better than the HTC One.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007

Here's a picture.

This actually looks real.....

Just sent off my moto x so this needs to hurry up!!

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida

Here's a picture.

looks good....any news on the Camera? same as 4 or a significant upgrade?

:)

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010

Here's a picture.

Wait... whaaaat?? Where did you get that?

The lens of whatever that is looks terrible. I don't think it has a purpose. The camera itself is in the center... what's all that that surrounds it?

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Wait... whaaaat?? Where did you get that?

The lens of whatever that is looks terrible. I don't think it has a purpose. The camera itself is in the center... what's all that that surrounds it?

The purpose is to look similar to the Nexus 7 which is the exact same way.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011

Here's a picture.

How's the camera, then?

----------

So with a 2300 mAh battery, it would put it in line with the HTC One. Except the Nexus 5's Snapdragon 800 is more energy efficient than the Snapdragon 600, but the battery has to power a slightly larger display. So I am thinking battery life will be roughly the same or maybe a little better than the HTC One.

I can totally live with that consider my HTC One has great battery life.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
Sure the soft touch is more resilient to drops and scratches but as far as design and looks go the Nexus 4 looks better in my opinion.

yay, well, my nexus 4 took like 6 attempts at suicide by sliding off my nightstand before it finally succeeded and died. glass backs are straightup stoopid.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
rehosted. photo taken from weespeed.

really excited to get this in my hands soon. i think Nexus 5 announcement date is set for 10/14

nexus-51.jpg

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
They've got to bump it up to at least $349 IMO for the base model.

Edit: maybe $329 to match the Nexus 7 price hike of $30

True, but either way that isn't a lot of money. I just hope they can offer 32GB and 64GB, though it's 99.9999999% sure they won't. :(

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007

Interesting_Way_924

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
True, but either way that isn't a lot of money. I just hope they can offer 32GB and 64GB, though it's 99.9999999% sure they won't. :(

Ugh. I'm beginning to hate Google for this also. I wish Apple had pushed for 32/64gb. Not that they want to stop gouging us for NAND either, but it takes someone to push for 32/64gb before we get it across the industry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.