Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I'm a new iPhone 5S owner. Got it launch day, no problems, but nearly two weeks later it just feels like an iPhone 5 on steroids. I won't return it but I am already board with it. Guess the wow factor wore off early. Wore off on my 4S about 3 months after I got it.

Anyone else tempted by the Note 3? Yes it's big, that's the point. That and a gorgeous display.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
I'm a new iPhone 5S owner. Got it launch day, no problems, but nearly two weeks later it just feels like an iPhone 5 on steroids. I won't return it but I am already board with it. Guess the wow factor wore off early. Wore off on my 4S about 3 months after I got it.

Anyone else tempted by the Note 3? Yes it's big, that's the point. That and a gorgeous display.

What do you want from a phone to "wow" you??

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Noooo, after owning the Samsung Galaxy S4, I will never buy another Samsung mobile again.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
What do you want from a phone to "wow" you??

Agreed. I don't look for that new toy feeling when I purchase phones anymore. Of course I like having the new abilities the latest version offers but I find those who get bored quickly just want a new toy to play around with.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
While I like the device I don't think I could deal with its size in day to day use. So no, not that tempting to me.

After using a friends S4 I was blown away by the screen. So something that size is more tempting to me.

afinch1992

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Had a note 2 (GS2 before that) and I probably will never go back. Yes, the screen was amazing, but I found myself sacrificing basic usability (sheer size holding and typing) for a larger screen. Not to mention, the iphone is just a cleaner, classier looking device to me

edit: do miss the spectacular battery life though

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
**** no!

I value one handed operation too much for phablets.

The iPhone 5s quality materials and iOS are also reasons I'm not tempted by the Note 3 in the slightest.

I never understood this lame argument. I had no trouble using the S3, S4, and Note 2 one handed. And when the next iPhone is 5" I'm just gonna laugh.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
Nope. Samsung is known for churning out new devices and ignores updating their older devices. Besides that thing is too big to fit in one's pockets.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
i have a work galaxy s3
no, i'm not tempted. classic samsung to hype dozens of features and most of them barely work or are useless

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
I never understood this lame argument. I had no trouble using the S3, S4, and Note 2 one handed. And when the next iPhone is 5" I'm just gonna laugh.

Ah, so you had no trouble using a Note 2 one handed. Right :rolleyes:

Go ahead and make a youtube video of this then where you aren't shuffling your hand around like crazy trying to pull down the notification area at the top of the screen and then pushing the home button at the bottom after.

I'll be waiting with baited breath :D

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
No, Samsung is a dishonest company. They just got burned for faking their benchmark tests on the galaxy note 3. Other Android phones I'm tempted by--but never Samsung.

GALAGA

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
vegas

HELL NO! :D:apple:

I just smashed my samsung phone as soon as I got the iphone5S.

coworkers here has the all the samsung S and every single day something is wrong with it.

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Nope. Samsung is known for churning out new devices and ignores updating their older devices. Besides that thing is too big to fit in one's pockets.

Are they? I think the Galaxy S2 is on jelly bean. Puts it on par with Apples/iOS updates does it not?

I don't really keep up with Android too much anymore but my old Xoom (Motorola) has jelly bean.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
No, not a fan of Samsung really. I did have a chance to look at the Moto-X. Nice looking phone, and very close to stock Android. I also liked the feel of the HTC One. Both just got an update to fix some camera issues, and they now both take some pretty decent photos.

I may consider whatever new non-iPhone might be out next year, when I'm eligible for an upgrade to my 5. However, if Apple offers a slightly larger 6, I'd probably stay put. We'll see...

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
If size matters, maybe you should try this:

70udlcd.jpg

It's also a Samsung, and i bet it even runs android!

SamTheeGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
United Kingdom
Im not a samsung fan at all when it comes to mobiles but i was thinking of getting the Sony xperia ultra z it looks amazing + sonys bravia engine with triluminos technology and x reality display man its full of display crispiness hehe but i can't let go of IOS, it is connected to all my mac computers and icloud is just outstanding!

Waiting for my 5s hehe

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I currently have a Note II and I'm more tempted by the gold iPhone 5S than the Note 3. After using an oversized phone for awhile I'm now ready for the iPhone again.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012

How about the concept of different sized hands? Seriously, it's not that difficult to understand...

Anyway, not tempted at all. Way too big. Only model I've been tempted by is the HTC One.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.