Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

An image of what might be Logitech's upcoming MFi (Made for iPhone) controller for the iPhone has been leaked on Twitter by @evleaks, who has been known to provide reliable images in the past.

The enclosure controller wraps around the iPhone, adding buttons and controls on either side of the phone and is similar to an earlier prototype that was leaked back in June. It also fits with teaser images that Logitech released a few weeks ago.

controller.png
While the controller in the image is an enclosure model, other available models are said to be standalone controllers that will not require an attachment to an iPhone or an iPad to function.

In addition to the Logitech gamepad, GameCase last week released a trailer for its GameCase iPhone controller, which connects via Bluetooth and is battery operated.

News of MFi controllers first surfaced in June, after Apple debuted the controller API at WWDC. Since the release of iOS 7, many games have incorporated Game Controller Support, including several major titles like Walking Dead and Bastion.

Though no game controllers have yet to hit the market, the appearance of controller support in games and continuing hardware leaks suggest that a release could come at any time, possibly during Apple's rumored iPad-centric fall event.

Article Link: Image of Logitech iPhone Game Controller Leaked

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
LogitechLeaks FTW. :p

I wonder if this can compete with the 3DS and Vita. It certainly caters to someone like me who doesn't game enough to warrant a handheld.

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
Does anyone have any personal experience with the hepatic feedback screens? The real goal of having physical buttons is to not have to look at where the buttons are and just feel them out, I'm just wondering if there's anything out there for this yet anyone has actually tried one?

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Looks pretty good. Does the API support analog sticks? This controller looks great for classics, but Id like dual analog sticks for most of the games I wish I had a controller for.

Not much room to work with though if they wanted to put both down.

irfaanfaki

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Really hoping Apple themselves show a controller at the iPad 5th gen event. Would love to see some crazy game running on the "A7X" along with a great controller. I feel that if Apple were to make a big deal of the controller, developers will jump on a lot faster.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I like this application way more than a bluetooth version. Keep the phone moving with the controller.

Ideally, I would want one that would work with a thin case. But that's probably not possible, so Bluetooth for me.

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
This tied in with Apple TV will be a massive hit to Xbox and playstation

Because being able to play Despicable Me on your iPhone and Apple TV is going to make people skip out on GTA V, The Last of Us, Halo, and Bioshock.

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
Because being able to play Despicable Me on your iPhone and Apple TV is going to make people skip out on GTA V, The Last of Us, Halo, and Bioshock.

Because the disposable game market is a HUGE one !!!
The same can be said for PC vs iPad .. Plus I think it's only a matter of time before we see something close to console gaming :).

BTW if you've played dead space on iPad or iPhone you'll really like the gameplay and graphics

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Pshahahaha what a joke.

Giant ugly attachment for your phone to play all those great games that don't exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.