Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Its a security risk. It could happen to anyone.

Imo a passcode is still a necessity. I for one wont be enabling this feature.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Good lord, another one of these? :rolleyes:

If you're sleeping with someone and have to worry about them doing that, you have much bigger problems.

Plus the iPhone always asks for a password after a reset before you can unlock it via Touch ID. If someone is paranoid that their partner would access their phone with via Touch ID while they are sleeping then they simply need to restart their phone before they go to sleep. Problem solved.

Last edited:

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Off-topic - yeah, I must say, what do you have to hide from your partner? And if you have stuff to hide, you probably shouldn't be with them then.

On-topic - I love the Fingerprint recognition and wish I could add more fingers, and even my wife's fingers.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
This "security risk" has been posted countless times here on MR and has been tweeted, memed and made fun of across the social networks and still it doesn't frighten me.

Personally, I have nothing to hide from my wife, so that isn't even a concern. She already has the passcode to my phone, so this wouldn't be any cause for alarm.

I think people worry too much about things :cool:

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Off-topic - yeah, I must say, what do you have to hide from your partner? And if you have stuff to hide, you probably shouldn't be with them then.

On-topic - I love the Fingerprint recognition and wish I could add more fingers, and even my wife's fingers.

What!?

IMO thats a good thing you cant add more fingers, it could further cause trials and tribulations in relationships, like "why wont you add me to your fingerprint profiles?"

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
so you trust ur gf enough to sleep next to her but u dont trust her enough to see whats on your phone? lolololol

:eek::confused:

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
I'd be more concerned with my other assets..... :eek:

Sounds like you are sleeping with the wrong person. :confused:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
As MacDawg mentioned in the thread, this topic has been beaten to death. We don't need any more of them.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.