Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I just got little Mermaid for my GF and it is an HD iTunes digital copy tho they basically let you download it on any digital media you want. They have amazon, google play, iTunes and ultraviolet. Hope other studios follow suit. I HATE ULTRA VIOLET

Not that I'm gonna pick up the Little Mermaid (already have the DVD) ... just wanted another data point.

Did your combo pack come with a sheet with a code? Were you able to input that code directly into iTunes, or did you have to redeem the code on a website, then download in iTunes?

I ask, because with Iron Man 3, you get the one code and it only allows you to download from 1 of the 4 services. The code is useless after you redeem. I pick iTunes by default, but it's nice to also have a Vudu copy as well.

My Star Trek and World War Z allowed me to input the code directly in iTunes. But I was also able to use the code in Vudu. That's the best of both worlds.

ASIDE - just to be nitpicky, Disney DVDs don't have Ultraviolet as an option. They are including Vudu (under the Digital Copy Plus banner). The confusion is that most folks equate Ultraviolet as the same as Vudu, but it's not. An analogy (for geeks) would be like comparing a video container vs. a codec. Sort of like h264 is the codec, but MKV is the container. Vudu is the container and UV (or DCP) is the codec.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Little Mermaid is just like Iron Man 3, being Disney and all.

No little mermaid is just a normal digital copy you don't need a extra dvd to make it work.

Tho you need to go to a special site to download it. I didn't try to put it directly on itunes so I am not sure.

Iron Man 3 which si probably the longest toy commercial I have ever seen but not as bad as Batman & Robin is a digital copy + dvd.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
No little mermaid is just a normal digital copy you don't need a extra dvd to make it work.

Tho you need to go to a special site to download it. I didn't try to put it directly on itunes so I am not sure.

Iron Man 3 which si probably the longest toy commercial I have ever seen but not as bad as Batman & Robin is a digital copy + dvd.

Actually, it sounds like Iron Man 3 is the same setup as Little Mermaid. Mine had 3 disc (3D Bluray, Bluray, and DVD). The digital copy is redeemed using the insert.

Sounds like all Disney related products are the same. I only ask because Iron Man 3 is distributed by Paramount, not Disney ... even though Disney owns Marvel. Who know how/why these things are, but whatever.

I just wanted another data point as my next purchase will be Monsters University and I wanted to figure out if it would have an HD iTunes download.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008

Iron Man 3 and The Little Mermaid are exactly the same in terms of the digital copy. Both require you to input a code on a Disney site. That generates a code for the service of your choice. There are no disks involved.

I have redeemed both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.