Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Powermichiel

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2013
Look who is talking... Bad looser.

The thing is; Android is not 64-bit. Samsung is not 64-bit.

These two facts alone make me smile :)

Jdkigdom

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2013
I've never been able to use audio output from HDMI with my rMBP mid '12. I hope this one fixes that.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
- Fixes an issue that may cause external drives to be ejected after the computer goes to sleep

- Addresses an issue that may prevent HDMI audio from working after waking from sleep

I've been having both of those problems!

jeffereyj

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
iTunes Radio not on Snow Leopard?

I hope they fix the bug of deliberately choosing to force obsolescence on Snow Leopard users by disabling iTunes Radio for no technical necessity.

oh i didn't know about this!

i never updated to iTunes 11 because of the lack of features compared to 10.

but i was going to update to use Radio — i definitely won't now.

brewno

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada
There's also a firmware update for Macbook Pros:

LAMwqTe.png

pjonesCET

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
MeToo

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple has seeded bug fix releases of iTunes 11.1.1 and an OS X 10.8.5 Supplementary Update to Apple employees ahead of a likely public release, reports 9to5Mac.

The Supplemental Update was previously seeded to employees in late September with a build number of 12F42; the new seed has a build number of 12F45.

The OS X 10.8.5 update fixes issues related to the FaceTime camera on some mid-2013 MacBook Air models, as well as problems with external drives, HDMI audio, and USB Bluetooth adapters. OS X 10.8.5 was originally released in mid-September.
The FaceTime camera issue in particular has been the subject of a number of complaints, with Skype issuing a notice acknowledging the problem.
The update for iTunes, version 11.1.1, fixes issues with deleted podcasts and iTunes Extras. iTunes 11.1 was released last month alongside iOS 7

Internal releases of Apple software updates to employees typically signal an imminent public release.

Article Link: Apple Employees Testing Prerelease iTunes 11.1.1 and OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update

the iTunes Permission Issue I have as well

trickness

macrumors member
May 13, 2012
Just curious, not judging - but do the non-fixable permission errors you see in disk utility have any real effect on your computer, meaning: are they causing an actual problem? I also don't like seeing them, very anal and OCD about this, but as they cause no actual problem, I probably would never have the idea to call Apple tech support because of this. If I look back, I often had at least one or two "errors" when checking permissions which weren't reparable, but really didn't matter. Isn't this a simple "psychological" thing then?

No, because as I said it also jumbled the names of some of the artists on my iTunes library, so Radiohead albums appeared under another artist entirely. Metadata was correct, but for some reason some of the artists were jumbled. Reverted back to 11.05, problem gone.

----------

New OS tends to be buggy. Deal with it.

Funny, Tim Cook and all those other con artists from Apple who got up onstage and dribbled on and on about how the new iTunes and iOS7 were the best software EVAR forgot to mention that while they were jerking themselves off all over the audience.....

JohnOCFII

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
Minnesota, USA
The OS X 10.8.5 update fixes issues ... as well as problems with external drives...

On the 16th I started to notice my FireWire 800 external drive started to "disappear" from my iMac. I need to power cycle the drive for it to show up again. My Mac is set to not fall asleep, but the timing of the problem sure is curious. I hope the update fixes the issue.

John

JQW

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2006
I hope they fix iTunes' long list of permissions not being able to be repaired after the 11.1 update.

Are people still wasting time on that pointless rigmarole?

Look, if permissions are genuinely getting mangled, you've got far more serious problems to contend with than just mangled permissions. Or you've been messing about with 'chown' and/or 'chmod' as root and therefore deserve all you get!

thegillsman

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
I've had wifi connection problems since upgrading to 10.8.5 (late 2008 MacBook) and I'm not the only one looking at the Apple forums. I was hoping this might be fixed soon but the list of fixes doesn't include this. Anyone else with this issue?

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
Are people still wasting time on that pointless rigmarole?

Look, if permissions are genuinely getting mangled, you've got far more serious problems to contend with than just mangled permissions. Or you've been messing about with 'chown' and/or 'chmod' as root and therefore deserve all you get!

You don't have to mess about, this is another wrong number delivered by that well known phone company

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012

melevittfl

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2006
If you're using an iMac, you can workaround the drive ejecting while sleeping issue. I think the bug they introduced with 10.8.5 is that Desktops enter "Safe Sleep" even though Safe Sleep is only supposed to kick in on portables.

If you open Terminal and run:
Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0

it seems to stop the iMac from ejecting the drives while sleeping.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Funny, Tim Cook and all those other con artists from Apple who got up onstage and dribbled on and on about how the new iTunes and iOS7 were the best software EVAR forgot to mention that while they were jerking themselves off all over the audience.....

iOS 7 ended up a pretty rock solid, stable release. As is iTunes. A couple minor bugs in code bases millions of lines of code long is not a scandal.

trickness

macrumors member
May 13, 2012
iOS 7 ended up a pretty rock solid, stable release. As is iTunes. A couple minor bugs in code bases millions of lines of code long is not a scandal.

Right.....dumping all your text messages is no big deal - sorry honey, didn't know you were giving birth, I've got iOS7!

They're about to release the 2nd update of both in as many weeks. It's not a scandal but it's not rock solid either

epelba01

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
When it says seeding this to apple employes typically signifies an imminent release to the public, what does imminent mean? Hours, days? Weeks?

I am tired of finding workaround a because apple is sloppy and then silent about problems with their releases.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
If they would just bring back the Coverflow view to iTunes as an option (I used it for movies in particular so I could have a nice easy to read compact list but also see the cover art for a given movie), I'd upgrade my server's iTunes. As it stands, it's still using 10.6.3 for that reason. If I had to move, I would at this point since at least they offer an art view for lists of albums now, but that's not a good solution for movies, IMO and the last time I looked there was still no way to resize the movie icons in the Grid view (horrible issue, IMO).

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I dunno -- how often have a Supplemental Update required a Supplemental Update 2.0?

I don't think they should use the SU designation at all. If they are updating the OS to a new version (specifically a new build number) they should increment the OSX version number. They don't have to call it something different and cause confusion just because it's a relatively small update.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
It's great to see Apple supporting its products with so many OS updates and bug fixes. It makes me feel like Apple really cares about Mac users.

jimoase

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2007
Stuttering audio, video, key entry

My MBP is suffering periodic pauses that started with 10.8.

So far no one following the discussion on Apple's forum has pin pointed the problem. Hopefully this update addresses stuttering.

gnurf

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011

iOS 7 is working pretty well on my iPad 2, so it seems stable. But iTunes keeps redownloading podcasts I've listened to, and I've got a bug report being updated now and then with Apple. A few lines may be disastrous if they cause a major portion of the software to not work like it should at all ;)

At first it started as one episode from one podcast reappearing after listening. Then it rotated if I tried unsubscribing, just shifting the problem to another podcast. Then it started downloading multiple episodes from several podcasts, over and over again. I'd say wasting bandwidth and disk space is a serious bug. It downloaded the full history of one of the longest-running podcasts I listen to, which amounts to double-digit gigabytes of data!

It's such an embarrassing bug that I hope Apple silently fixed it for the next point update ;)

epelba01

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
Imminent is not imminent enough. The problems with iTunes and Mac OS are just very annoying. It seems that Apple just does not pay attention to detail anymore at all. Every launch this time around was plagued with problems, iTunes, iOS, Mac OS, Apple TV
Where is the quality review? How about admitting a mistake and apologize and let us know when to expect a fix?

When it says seeding this to apple employes typically signifies an imminent release to the public, what does imminent mean? Hours, days? Weeks?

I am tired of finding workaround a because apple is sloppy and then silent about problems with their releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.