Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
So I haven't seen too many rumours regarding new MBP's. Is a refresh to be expected before the Christmas holidays? It's been a long time since the last update. I'm looking to get a new one or a refurb current one but I wanna see what comes out first.

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
So I haven't seen too many rumours regarding new MBP's. Is a refresh to be expected before the Christmas holidays? It's been a long time since the last update. I'm looking to get a new one or a refurb current one but I wanna see what comes out first.

An update is expected this month, with current rumours pointing to Oct 15th. That's not official though.

They should be released before Christmas, but there's no 100% guarantee until Apple actually announces them.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Yes, before Christmas. It's still early October and there is at least one more event for iPads coming up. It's almost a certainty new rMBP's will be released at that time.

Mobile computing is Apple's biggest non-iOS money maker. They have been developing Mavericks which optimizes battery life. All signs point to new rMBP's. If Apple didn't release them before the Christmas season their next quarterly numbers would be lousy and they don't want that :rolleyes:

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Recent MBP updates:

February 2011 (Sandy Bridge)
October 2011 (Sand Bridge spec bump)
June 2012 (Ivy Bridge and 15" retina)
October 2012 (13" retina)
February 2013 (Ivy Bridge spec bump, retina models only)
???

If you don't look at the oddball October 2012 release of the 13" rMBP, there is a pretty clear 8-month cycle that would put the next MBP update sometime this month.

actuallyinaus

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2013
there is going to be an event for the mac pro and mavericks this year - so we are hoping for rmbp to be released along side them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.