Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the batman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
hi guys, just looking for a little help. i work for an apple reseller and on display they have a used 11" macbook air, 2011,2gb ram,64gb ssd in really good condition (could only see one tiny scratch on the bottom)- it is listed at $849 which seems criminally high
on my last shift i was looking through the preowned price sheet we have, and for this spec model it actually says we sell at $500,i brought this to attention because at that price i will buy it. they are discussing to see if they can sell it for that price, although i don't see how they can go against it since the price sheet was created by the vice president
is $500 too cheap for this? i don't really think so, i could purchase a 2012 11" air with 4gb ram and 64gb ssd, brand new, for as cheap as $779 online. take off the difference and ram and the fact it has been touched by hundreds of hands and been on all day for the last six months, and $500 seems a good price
any tips guys?
thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
is $500 too cheap for this? i don't really think so, i could purchase a 2012 11" air with 4gb ram and 64gb ssd, brand new, for as cheap as $779 online. take off the difference and ram and the fact it has been touched by hundreds of hands and been on all day for the last six months, and $500 seems a good price
any tips guys?
thanks

If you look at recent, completed eBay sales for that exact model they are all around $500, so I would say $500 is a fair but not great deal.

For another $250 you can get a 2012 refurb direct from Apple that will have a full warranty plus 4GB of RAM.

BjLyQT8.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.