Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BurgDog

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2012
Dismounting shares after resume from sleep

This issue has been bothering me for more than a year now. Reported to Apple - ignored. I've had to use "MountWatcher" to remount my network shares. This is intermittent and was caused by checking for shares after the the network was disabled but before the actual sleep occurred. On resume the check timed out and the shares get dismounted. Haven't seen the problem yet with the new update but as an intermittent problem won't know for sure until I've gone through a lot of sleep cycles.

Dordt

Nov 13, 2012
Netherlands
Itunes permissions error

NOT resolved::mad:

Verifying volume “Macintosh HD”
Checking file systemPerforming live verification.
Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Checking extents overflow file.
Checking catalog file.
Checking multi-linked files.
Checking catalog hierarchy.
Checking extended attributes file.
Checking volume bitmap.
Checking volume information.
The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK.

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AACEncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AACEncoderConfig.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUser.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUser.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUserWide.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUserWide.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AutofillSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AutofillSettings.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BurnSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BurnSettings.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/CDInfo.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/CDInfo.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ConvertID3.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ConvertID3.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/EQPresets.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/EQPresets.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ErrorReportDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ErrorReportDialog.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/FormatPopup.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/FormatPopup.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/HomeSharingServerSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/HomeSharingServerSettings.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ImportSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired
Repaired ““Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/ro.lproj/MP3EncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “

etc

theloon

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
WHAT IS WRONG WITH APPLE QA TEAM?! C'mon!

They just totally suck right now. It's not like many of the bugs are obscure either, they are evident during normal usage...

There seems to be to **** all regression testing at this point, and the constant reintroduction of old bugs has to make you wonder who is controlling the code base.

stisdal

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
USA
iTunes - App List

Broke my App page; cannot get to any of the normal tabs along the top of the page. (Like "Updates")

Edit: Bug Reported

Last edited:

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Great! Since the last update (MacBooks not going into sleep) I started getting these errors when my sound via HDMI didn't work after waking from sleep. Hope they fixed it now. :D

Last edited:

cult hero

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Fixed the HDMI Audio Issue for Me

Or, I should say, Displayport Audio. I have an Apple Cinema Display and I noticed recently that audio would just stop working after sleeping. Reboot and all was good. Sleep? Audio was gone. The USB audio worked and all other audio worked. There was some other weirdness that was leading me to believe that something was amiss.

This update appears to have fixed that issue. Glad it was software related!

lodolfo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2013
Great, saw this post right after I came to my computer to find that iTunes had deleted all my podcasts, some of which are no longer available. Now I have to re-download about 10 GB of podcasts I was working my way through listening. I hope this at least fixes the issue.

Dephibio

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2013
After this update, my camera won't work everywhere (FaceTime, Photo Booth, Skype) ... Reinstalling Skype didn't help.

My friend got a MBA. he says after he removed skype and installed it the camera started working. Try that.
Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 00.43.33.png

gingaman

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Telford, United Kingdom
My Keyboard / Mouse has stopped working since installing this (27" iMac late 2012), so I can't log in.:mad:

Only way I can get into the machine is via single user mode!

Anyone know how I can roll this back via command line?

stisdal

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
USA
My Keyboard / Mouse has stopped working since installing this (27" iMac late 2012), so I can't log in.:mad:

Only way I can get into the machine is via single user mode!

Anyone know how I can roll this back via command line?

How do I roll this back PERIOD ??

alexmshore

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
UK
Think I'll stick with 10.8.4 still after seeing that some of the bugs are still there. Is it just me, or did this supplemental update not fix any of the problems it was meant to address?

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
NOT resolved::mad:

Verifying volume “Macintosh HD”
Checking file systemPerforming live verification.
Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Checking extents overflow file.
Checking catalog file.
Checking multi-linked files.
Checking catalog hierarchy.
Checking extended attributes file.
Checking volume bitmap.
Checking volume information.
The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK.

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AACEncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AACEncoderConfig.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUser.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUser.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUserWide.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AskUserWide.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AutofillSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/AutofillSettings.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BurnSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BurnSettings.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/CDInfo.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/CDInfo.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ConvertID3.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ConvertID3.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/EQPresets.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/EQPresets.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ErrorReportDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ErrorReportDialog.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/FormatPopup.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/FormatPopup.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/HomeSharingServerSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/HomeSharingServerSettings.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/ImportSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired
Repaired ““Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/ro.lproj/MP3EncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “

etc

Yup broken here too! WTF is up with Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.