Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rappar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Canada
I have been asked by my photography club to do a presentation on photography using my iPhone 5 and an iPad with the 30 pin connector. The club has a projector but most who use it run PC. So, I have no idea what Apple specific cables they may have.
What cables do I need to I need to connect both my phone and iPad to the projector? I know it has an HDMI connection on the back of the projector, it may have others.
Thanks
Ron

deaddog

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
I have been asked by my photography club to do a presentation on photography using my iPhone 5 and an iPad with the 30 pin connector. The club has a projector but most who use it run PC. So, I have no idea what Apple specific cables they may have.
What cables do I need to I need to connect both my phone and iPad to the projector? I know it has an HDMI connection on the back of the projector, it may have others.
Thanks
Ron

A cheaper alternative to the lightning hdmi adapter is installing Airserver on your mac or PC. It basically turns you computer into a an AppleTV ( ie you can mirror everything from your phone and ipad to the computer) then just hook the computer to the projector like you always would (hdmi, vga, etc)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.