Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
So I was watching Argo for the second time the other day and discovered a possible Matt Damon cameo at the 21:50 mark. If it's him they did a good job making it look like 80s footage. I was curious so I YouTubed Matt Damon Argo cameo and there was nothing BUT I found out he is known to do a LOT of cameos. These screen shots look like him for sure but the video is less convincing. He's a student being interviewed on TV and at the end of his line "Just shoot a couple of them. Show them we mean business" he smirks a little like he's holding a laugh. I wonder if this is just a mammoth coincidence.

You'll find no mention of this on the entire net.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Matt-Damon_1.38.3.jpg
    Matt-Damon_1.38.3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.36.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.36.26 PM.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 864

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm just too overwhelmed by the possibility of a Matt Damon cameo to even comment. Takes my breath away!

I'm old, and this level of excitement could be dangerous to me.

Oh...gracious...:eek:

:rolleyes: ;) :D

• Haha
Reactions: rhett7660

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
I'm just too overwhelmed by the possibility of a Matt Damon cameo to even comment. Takes my breath away!

I'm old, and this level of excitement could be dangerous to me.

Oh...gracious...:eek:

:rolleyes: ;) :D
yet you took the time to read and post. :cool:

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Interesting fact though is that he is known to "crash" Ben's movies. He has done many cameos before.

Also how would you explain the smirk at the end of the scene? If you watch that scene you'll see he's talking about killing people in a serious conversation.

That hair piece together with some good 80s video filters would certainly do the trick.

How do you explain the resemblance?

I'm 98% there.

Last edited:

Scissorbeaks

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2022
That is most definitely Matt Damon in an Argo cameo at 21:40. No doubt in my mind. I am watching now on Netflix, saw Matt, checked the credits, then internet searched to find this here being the only mention of him. You were correct, Patent.

I created an account here just to reply to this thread. :D

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
That is most definitely Matt Damon in an Argo cameo at 21:40. No doubt in my mind. I am watching now on Netflix, saw Matt, checked the credits, then internet searched to find this here being the only mention of him. You were correct, Patent.

I created an account here just to reply to this thread. :D
Wow, that was years ago. Totally forgot about it lol Welcome to MR. Yeah, it's def Matt. They pretty much grew up together so it's a no-brainer. Funny stuff. It's still weird that this is the only thread on the entire web mentioning it. You'd think it would at least be on Reddit 9 years later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.