Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
It appears that my iCloud Mail is not able to connect at all to the servers to retrieve my mail, although my internet connection is working just fine for everything else. I get the round "caution" symbol next to my "Inbox" and "iCloud" boxes on the left toolbar to the Mail app...it cannot connect. I have run it through the Network Doctor. The program will not let me edit or alter the incoming mail server for my e-mail. I have a mac.com e-mail address...cannot get my mail! What do I do??

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've been sending emails from my .mac account this evening and even just about a minute ago. It's up and running for me. Have you quit Mail.app and/or restarted your computer to see it it resolves?

The Apple system status doesn't show any problems (yet).

WardC

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I was able to fix the problem. I deleted my account and initialized a new account in the system, and it retrieved my mail and my boxes from the server. It appears to be working now...but it wants to use me.com and not mac.com, so I had to change that.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I was able to fix the problem. I deleted my account and initialized a new account in the system, and it retrieved my mail and my boxes from the server. It appears to be working now...but it wants to use me.com and not mac.com, so I had to change that.

Just make sure you bookmark the site My Apple ID and log into it and make sure that your new iCloud email address is checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.