Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple TV users in Germany are discovering today that they now have access to two new channels on their set-top boxes in the form of music video channel Vevo and hockey channel NHL GameCenter, reports Macerkopf [Google Translate].

apple_tv_germany_vevo_nhl.jpg
Both channels have been available to users in various other countries for some time, with NHL GameCenter having debuted in the United States nearly two years ago and Vevo appearing just over a month ago.

German users also have their own exclusive channel on the Apple TV with movie and TV show streaming service Watchever, which was added in January.

Article Link: Apple TV Gains Vevo and NHL Channels in Germany

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
They're rolling out new channels around the world far too slowly. Assuming that they want to have a reasonable number of channels before launching an actual television set, it's going to take years and years at this rate.

Reactions: GreginNJ

Mac Moof

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2013
Any news on this coming to the UK? As I have a Mac Mini acting as a HTPC at the moment so I can get both iTunes and NHL. This would help get rid if the mini.

lwongveros

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2007
The NHL channel has also shown up on Spain Apple TV boxes, we already had the Vevo update.

I fully agree about apps on Apple TV, done right it would be an amazing platform.

lear45xr

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Any news on this coming to the UK? As I have a Mac Mini acting as a HTPC at the moment so I can get both iTunes and NHL. This would help get rid if the mini.

go into settings & change region to canada NHL then comes up but it costs 69.99 gbp

Mac Moof

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2013
go into settings & change region to canada NHL then comes up but it costs 69.99 gbp

Yeah, i have Gamecentre already, but the problem with that is that it screws up your iTunes store, so you have to keep jumping back and forward from country to country depending on if you want to watch NHL or rent a film.

Hopefully though UK NHL might not be too far away.....

lear45xr

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Yeah, i have Gamecentre already, but the problem with that is that it screws up your iTunes store, so you have to keep jumping back and forward from country to country depending on if you want to watch NHL or rent a film.

Hopefully though UK NHL might not be too far away.....

i wish apple would sort the country thing out I've been working in canada for 9 months with odd trip back to uk its a pain in the ass iplayer app doesn't work in canada & can't get global iplayer because I've a uk account ffs

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
i wish apple would sort the country thing out I've been working in canada for 9 months with odd trip back to uk its a pain in the ass iplayer app doesn't work in canada & can't get global iplayer because I've a uk account ffs

A lot of the regional issues have to do with the old idiots in the media companies clutching on to their dead distribution model and wringing every last dollar (/euro/pound/etc) out of it at the expense of stalling any real progress or development in the industry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.