Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deraj090

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hey guys,

Bluetooth question... On my older models (4s - iOS6), I used to be able to be on a call, turn my car on, and the call would automatically get redirected to the in-car bluetooth.

That no longer happens. But oddly enough, even when I select the in-car bluetooth (from Handset, Speakerphone, Bluetooth), it doesn't activate.

Is this a known iOS7 problem?

If I'm not a call while turning on my car, and get a call (with the car on), everything works fine...

Thanks!
J

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
My 5S has been having issues with in-car Bluetooth as well. It will no longer automatically connect with my car but I have to go into setting and manually select it, usually multiple time to get it to connect. It's driving me crazy, I hope it gets fixed soon!

salimdao

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Anaheim, CA
No issues here coming from a 4S to a 5S. When I got my 5S, I had to re-pair it to my stereo as a new device. My suggestion would be to do the save if you haven't yet.

Cabby

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
I'm also having issues since iOS7. My car used to show the podcast/music information on the NAV for whatever is playing via Bluetooth, but now will sometimes completely flake out mid-stream and just say "Bluetooth Audio"

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
No issues on my 11 mazda 3. Had a 4s and switched to the 5s and everything seems to work just as well.
Maybe it's a software issue on your cars end ?.
Wish you best of luck as I would be furious if I had the same issues :-x

Fhaoilgeal

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
No issues here coming from a 4S to a 5S. When I got my 5S, I had to re-pair it to my stereo as a new device. My suggestion would be to do the save if you haven't yet.

I've had the same experience, though coming from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S. All I had to do was re-pair as well as a new device. Pandora works great as does iTunes.

Ruckus12

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
For my car, i had to delete the old phone and pair the new phone for it to automatically connect, otherwise if there are two phones in the system at once it would'nt auto connect.. maybe that can be it for some of you having issues of it not connecting automatically

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
My car bluetooth can take a few phones but i still had to pair my new 5S. Mazda CX7. But this is going from ios6 to 7 which i didn't have a problem with on my 5. Delete the phone and pair again, might work.

E1Geoff

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
I have noticed my 5S can be a bit hit and miss with my in-car bluetooth (Parrot MKi9100). Sometime connects fine, other times I have to manually go into the phone settings and tell it to connect - seems there could be an issue if a few people are having the same thing?

deraj090

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Thanks for your feedback, all. I have deleted and re-paired, so that doesn't seem to be the problem -- but maybe the two devices is a problem. Will try it out.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
I think it's an IOS7 problem. My 5 was great in connecting to my car until 6.x. After upgrading to IOS7 I need to turn on off the Bluetooth on the iPhone to have it connect.
Not sure what's going on.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
I have re-paired it as new a couple of times now, but it hasn't helped... I really hope this gets fixed soon, it's driving me nuts!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.