Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

susa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
I need to get my iPad mini on ebay in anticipation of getting the 5, but have been delayed because i can't find information on how to transfer an app (called STRIP that stores all my passwords securely).

Can somebody please pass on their knowledge, or point me in the right direction? I have searched, but nothing assures me of preserving the data. I really don't want to accidentally delete this app!

Maybe it is not possible as I haven't found anything? I'm just about ready to go through the app and take a screenshot of each password.

Much thanks!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
As I posted in the eBay thread, I'm not sure what you are finding difficult to figure out. I'd think all you had to do was backup to iCloud or to iTunes (if using iTunes, make sure to also transfer purchases), then restore to your new iPad.

susa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
As I posted in the eBay thread, I'm not sure what you are finding difficult to figure out. I'd think all you had to do was backup to iCloud or to iTunes (if using iTunes, make sure to also transfer purchases), then restore to your new iPad.

Thank you for your note there, however if you read further I would like assurance that my data will be saved. I don't want to risk losing all those passwords. What you said, I've found in my searches.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Thank you for your note there, however if you read further I would like assurance that my data will be saved. I don't want to risk losing all those passwords. What you said, I've found in my searches.

I don't understand why you think your data won't be saved. That's what a backup does, save your data.

EDIT: I checked out the app STRIP, and their FAQ also indicates their data is backed up by iTunes backup.

http://getstrip.com/how-do-i-backup-my-data
"STRIP for iPhone and STRIP for iPad are automatically backed up by iTunes. There is some detailed information available from Apple about iPhone backup, but the summary is that both the software program and the encrypted database are backed up during each iPhone sync."

They don't mention iCloud, but I assume this was written before the implementation of iCloud backup.

Last edited:

susa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
I don't understand why you think your data won't be saved. That's what a backup does, save your data.

EDIT: I checked out the app STRIP, and their FAQ also indicates their data is backed up by iTunes backup.

http://getstrip.com/how-do-i-backup-my-data
"STRIP for iPhone and STRIP for iPad are automatically backed up by iTunes. There is some detailed information available from Apple about iPhone backup, but the summary is that both the software program and the encrypted database are backed up during each iPhone sync."

They don't mention iCloud, but I assume this was written before the implementation of iCloud backup.

Thanks so much. STRIP, ever since an upgrade has been acting weirdly and frightened me too, and I recall not getting much satisfaction with answers so didn't think to go there.
Anyway, I really appreciate your time helping me over this hurdle. Feeling so much better about it! :) And perhaps your info will help another searching. STRIP is/was a nice app. I like how you can remove the mask when you want to see what you've typed. And pretty sure it was free, but when the new ipad comes in, I'll likely be back I think looking for a new good paid password vault. I think there are more advanced apps out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.