Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Weekends are also the busier times at Chipotle and Sears.

The Chipotles I frequent are dead on the weekend. Their busiest during lunch M-F. But that makes sense because they're in a financial district and most restaurants are the same way.

The Chipotles in my building was hands-down the best food and service of any Chipotles I've ever been in. The lunch lines extended out the doors yet they moved people through very swiftly and the food was consistent and excellent. The employees were efficient and friendly until one day ICE moved through and they had virtually no staff left. It reopened and now looks like the UN and the food and service sucks. It probably has < 50% of the buisness it once enjoyed.

Im a staunch immigration law supporter especially since my wife went through the long, arduous naturalization process and followed every rule along the way, but damn it leave my Chipotles alone. I'm eating cheese sandwiches at my desk now.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
The Chipotles I frequent are dead on the weekend. Their busiest during lunch M-F. But that makes sense because they're in a financial district and most restaurants are the same way.

The Chipotles in my building was hands-down the best food and service of any Chipotles I've ever been in. The lunch lines extended out the doors yet they moved people through very swiftly and the food was consistent and excellent. The employees were efficient and friendly until one day ICE moved through and they had virtually no staff left. It reopened and now looks like the UN and the food and service sucks. It probably has < 50% of the buisness it once enjoyed.

Im a staunch immigration law supporter especially since my wife went through the long, arduous naturalization process and followed every rule along the way, but damn it leave my Chipotles alone. I'm eating cheese sandwiches at my desk now.

That's what I'm thinking, granted the Chipotle near me is constantly busy. Maybe Chipotle Monday Tuesday Thursday and Sunday and Sears Friday and Saturday (or just weekends)? Don't want to miss black Friday though.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Off topic: PA minimum wage is only $6? :eek: Guess we have it lucky up here in MA.

It's $7.25. OP makes commission though, which allows Sears to pay him less than minimum wage. Similar to how waiters and waitresses only get paid around $2.50 an hour, but they make tips which puts them well over the $7.25 minimum.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Got my money today, an extra $440 + tax reduction on my next paycheck since I got 35% out of this one (which is over what it should be, but Sears policy).

----------

Off topic: PA minimum wage is only $6? :eek: Guess we have it lucky up here in MA.

It's $7.25. OP makes commission though, which allows Sears to pay him less than minimum wage. Similar to how waiters and waitresses only get paid around $2.50 an hour, but they make tips which puts them well over the $7.25 minimum.

Yep... sucks though. Wish they made everything (including commission/tips) at $7.25 minimum.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Alright, that makes sense. I forgot about the commission... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.