Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
My dad has an iPhone and iPad that he uses for 95% of his computing needs. He has a laptop that he uses for work, but after his last desktop PC went bad, he doesn't have or really hasn't had the need to get another computer.

My mom loves pictures. So my dad has hundreds and hundreds of photos on his phone. So much so that he cannot update to iOS 7 because he doesn't have enough space.

He uses Photostream so that any photos he takes on his phone are available on his iPad. But having Photostream turned on, on his phone, with 1000 photos, is killing his space.

So what can I do...he doesn't really need to have all those photos in a Photostream library on his phone. All of those same photos are on his iPad which is where they are mostly viewed. But if I turn it off on his phone to make space for updating, will the photos get deleted from the iPad library? God forbid I lose any pics. My mom would freak. So short of him getting an iMac and backing them up there, what is my best option.

Basically I want to get all the Photostream photos off of his phone, but keep them on the iPad. I also want to clear out his camera roll because most of those photos are shared in Photostream as well.

Sorry for the long post. It seems simple but I keep confusing myself. I jut don't want to permanently delete any pics. Any advice is appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.