Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Maybe even the Nordics by early 2014? Wow, that would be amazing and quite the compensation for us, considering that we don't even have Match or iTunes in the Cloud for music yet.

But maybe that's why we'd make it early into Radio, because they haven't closed the deals until now for Match/iCloud, and thus including Radio into those talks.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
It maybe easy to switch to an US App Store ID but you won't be able to switch back to your NZ ID...

Why do you say this? I got a UK ID in order to download the BBC weather and iPlayer Radio apps and I can switch back and forth between US and UK easily. I just log out of one and log in to the other.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Data Download Size

I must keep missing the most important information. How hard is this going to hit my data plan each month? How many minutes of music can I listen to each month on top of my normal usage before my allotted 2GB is consumed?

boubou1961

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2006
English Speaking Countries???

Canada is french speaking country too but Apple seems to ignore it. The job posting Apple HR issued made no mention at all about knowledge of the Quebec music scene. Nor of the other French-speaking communities in Canada.

Chère Apple, ne nous ignorez pas.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
How about releasing it to people running SL on their macs? Windows users running iTunes for Windows get more respect than those running SL....

I'd still like to know the business reason behind that one....

And, before anyone replies it's to force people forward, what about machines that can't run anything beyond SL?

I am pretty sure I will be upgrading my late 2008 MBP to Mavericks when it becomes available this month, but what about those who can't?

millerlite

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Loving iTunes Radio

I use this a lot more than I thought I would. I've been exposed to a lot of great music through it. Don't understand the hate at all.

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Why do you say this? I got a UK ID in order to download the BBC weather and iPlayer Radio apps and I can switch back and forth between US and UK easily. I just log out of one and log in to the other.
Because I'm talking about adding iTunes Radio, not simply buying / downloading an app from another store (I have several Apple ID for this very reason). Have you read my post?

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
Apple to Expand iTunes Radio to U.K, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
Wow, commonwealth domination :D

----------

Cool, now people in these countries can experience how awful of a service it is.

Don't you belong under a bridge waiting for people to mug them?

iTunes Radio is frikkin' awesome. Most fun I've had with music since listening to music at the HMV listening stations. Loving it. Especially boss for electronic genres.

canman4PM

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Kelowna BC
Canada is french speaking country too but Apple seems to ignore it. The job posting Apple HR issued made no mention at all about knowledge of the Quebec music scene. Nor of the other French-speaking communities in Canada.

Chère Apple, ne nous ignorez pas.

They're "ignoring" you the same reason reason they're "ignoring" the Nords: there's too few of you. 8 million people is not enough to get first priority. Believe me, Apple wants to sell to as many of us as possible, they'll get to you all eventually.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Is iTunes Radio dead?

iTunes Radio was supposed to expand to Canada in early 2014. Apple had hired staff in Canada and some Apple ID accounts (including mine) experienced iTunes Radio tests where it became available for a short time.

Then Apple bought Beats and everything went quiet. My guess is that iTunes Radio is dead and will be replaced by Beats some time this year where it'll launch in the countries that were ready to launch iTunes Radio but ended up not getting it.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
So by Apple's definition they have just a couple weeks left. Hoping it does indeed launch!

Anyone hear any updates on this?

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
So by Apple's definition they have just a couple weeks left. Hoping it does indeed launch!

Anyone hear any updates on this?

After over a year it is fairly safe to assume iTunes Radio is dead. I was so looking forward to this, but it is just embarrassing now, I doubt Beats will get a better start. I will not pay for any other service apart from iTunes Match, not even buying expensive iCloud space. Apple will not be ending up on any monthly bills that I have to pay.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
After over a year it is fairly safe to assume iTunes Radio is dead. I was so looking forward to this, but it is just embarrassing now, I doubt Beats will get a better start. I will not pay for any other service apart from iTunes Match, not even buying expensive iCloud space. Apple will not be ending up on any monthly bills that I have to pay.

Do you still feel it's dead given it's inclusion in the updated 8.4 music app?

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Do you still feel it's dead given it's inclusion in the updated 8.4 music app?

Yes, living in the UK and having not seen even a little attempt from Apple I call it dead, Ping was a huge success by comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.